6- can you keep this a secret?

Speak low. Can you keep this a secret? Tell me your lies and I will tell you of mine. Whisper sweetly while you touch me gently, I'm out of my mind.

-

It's a little after two in the morning, and Calum and Michael are fast asleep. Michael has stripped down to his boxers and Calum is wearing Michael's t-shirt with his panties. When Ashton had offered Luke a t-shirt to change into, the blonde had insisted on keeping his sweater on. He did accept a pair of sweatpants, though, and he went to change in the bathroom.

Now, hours later, only two of the four are asleep. Michael's head rests on Calum's chest as Luke snuggles into Michael's back. Ashton's back is pressed against the wall with Luke's back directly in front of him. Ashton can tell from the heavy breathing and constant squirming that Luke is not asleep, and Ashton is dying to talk to the blonde.

Luke hasn't said a word since he kissed Ashton, probably an hour before Michael and Calum came over. He doesn't seem like he's particularly nervous--not anymore than usual, at least--but besides his occasional squeaks and whimpers, he hasn't made a sound.

Deciding to go for it, Ashton places a hand on Luke's shoulder. The blonde tenses under Ashton's touch and pretends to be asleep, but Ashton isn't having that.

"I know you're awake, Luke," Ashton whispers, his voice piercing the silence that had settled around the room.

Hesitating for a moment, Luke turns around to face Ashton, but refuses to make eye contact with him. The blonde's eyes are closed, like he's willing himself anywhere but right there, right then.

"I want to talk to you," Ashton says softly. He sees Luke flinch at the word talk but he decides to ignore it. "Can we go into the bathroom?"

Eyes still closed, Luke nods. Ashton begins to get up but when he notices that Luke is not moving, the muscular boy takes this as his cue to pick Luke up and carry him to the bathroom.

Ashton takes Luke by the arms and pulls him to his chest. Luke responds immediately, legs wrapping around Ashton's waist and head fitting into the crook of his neck and hands moving up to play with his hair. Fighting a grin at the boy's cuddly nature, Ashton grips Luke's lower back and maneuvers the duo into the en suite bathroom.

Ashton flips the light on before shutting the door. Unsure of what else to do, Ashton settles himself down on the floor, Luke still straddling him. Ashton feels the frail boy tense up again, his head still buried in Ashton's neck. Like normal, he's shaking slightly. The dirty blonde runs his fingers down Luke's back, trying to ease his nerves. Eventually it seems to start working, because he feels Luke relax and the boy finally pulls back to look at Ashton.

His eyes silently ask, what's wrong? Why are we in here? Did I do something wrong?

They're a painful combination of curiosity and anxiety. Confusion and insecurity. Ashton is sure that it's a look Luke wears frequently, but he never wants to see it in the blonde's eyes again.

"You haven't said a word since you kissed me," Ashton admits. "Did I do something wrong?"

Luke's begins to shake his head frantically, eyes wide. He opens his mouth like he wants to say something, but he closes it almost immediately, looking defeated.

"You know you can talk to me, right, love?" Ashton frowns. He doesn't want to pressure the boy, but he needs Luke to know that he's trustworthy, that he cares about him. Luke doesn't seem to have many people who care about him.

Tears begin to brim in Luke's eyes, and Ashton's heart begins to pound. F uck. He just wanted to know what's wrong. He didn't mean to make his boyfriend cry.