12- keep holding on

I'll keep you warm, safe in my arms. 'Till heaven calls, keep holding on.

-

"Just move in with us, oh, my God," Michael begs, throwing a handful of popcorn at Ashton.

Luke giggles next to Calum, and Calum feels it vibrate through his own chest. Luke and Calum have both been living with Michael for around two weeks, and all three of them are eager for Ashton to move in as well. Unfortunately, Ashton isn't totally on board with the idea.

"I have a pretty stable home life," Ashton admits, shrugging. "You know that I want to be with you guys, but..." Ashton trails off, biting his lip.

"But what?" Calum asks, frowning.

Ashton sighs, raking a hand through his greasy hair. It looks like it hasn't been washed in days--Calum wonders if Ashton's been keeping himself up all night studying again. The bags under his eyes say yes, he has.

"This apartment isn't big enough for four teenage boys and we all know it," Ashton admits. "It's barely big enough for the three of you."

Michael sighs, scratching the back of his neck. "I mean, I haven't talked to my stepfather in years but I guess I could try contacting him--"

"No!" Ashton is quick to shut Michael down. "I don't want you to do that."

"W-Want us to be t-together," Luke whines. His legs are thrown over Calum's lap, head resting on the pretty boy's shoulder. Calum presses a quick kiss to Luke's forehead.

"I do, too," he murmurs.

"As soon as we graduate, I'm gonna get us a bigger apartment," Ashton promises. "My stepdad's f ucking loaded. He throws money around like it's confetti, and he would probably love any excuse to get me out of the house."

"That's so far away," Calum sighs. Then a terrifying thought crosses his mind. "What if we break up?"

"Don't think like that," Michael says, quickly intervening. "We aren't going to break up. Why would we?"

Recognizing Michael's point, Calum shrugs.

Noticing the tan boy's unease, Luke nudges Calum's neck with his nose. "D-Don't leave m-me." His voice is soft, soft enough that Calum is the only one to hear it.

"I won't, angel," Calum promises quietly. "I won't."

-

Aaron's hands are rough on Calum's waist, forcing him up against the lockers as the pretty boy squirms desperately. Calum knew he shouldn't have gone to the bathroom.

"Your boyfriend isn't here to save you this time," the bully smirks, foul breath fanning over Calum's face.

"Let me go," Calum says, succeeding in keeping his voice steady, firm. He doesn't like showing weakness.

"I don't think so," Aaron chuckles, fingers dancing on the tan boy's bare thighs, underneath the fabric of his skirt.

"You're violating me." The statement is full of venom, but underneath the malice, Calum's tone is pleading. He doesn't want Aaron's filthy paws on him, he wants Ashton's gentle embrace. Michael's firm grip. Luke's shaky touch.

"You definitely want this," Aaron disagrees, lips moving towards Calum's neck.

"You f ucking prick," Calum mumbles, continuing in vain to fight back. Where are his boyfriends when he needs them? Ashton's in class, no doubt--he hates missing it. Michael's probably in the parking lot taking a smoke--he does that during fifth period. Luke? Calum's not sure. He's usually too nervous to ask for a pass out of class, but sometimes the counselor will come get him to talk.