Chapter 3 New Day

Chapter 3 new day

Isabelle's POV

••••••••••••••••••

Monday already and I was really nervous. I wake up and notice it's barely 6:27am, my first class didn't start until 10. Assuming I still have time I decide to take a shower to wake me up. As the cold water hits my body I shiver but soon get use to it. After my shower I feel more refreshed, I walk into my closet not sure what to wear.

I decide on a striped pencil skirt, white wash shirt with a blue tank underneath. I went with my natural hair and decided to wear my glasses instead of contacts. When I finished getting ready it was 7:30 and I was having second thoughts. I mean c'mon it's my first day of university in a whole different country. I was ready though my whole life I've wanted to pursue this career and now is my chance.

At 8 I walk out the door, leaving a note for Lea when she gets up. As I walk towards the bus stop I try to memorize my neighborhood. Everything is very confusing and I'm not use to it yet. After a couple bus stops and walks later I finally make it to the school at 9. It's beautiful just like I pictured it the sunny atmosphere even makes everything look breathtaking.

I go into a big building and as soon as I begin talking they direct me into another building. Is it that obvious I'm new here. I meet my counselor and she gives me a map of the whole school. I look up all my classe,. I soon start walking around trying to figure out where they all are. I find most of them but I have a hard time finding my Performing and Composing class. I finally find it in a big auditorium, I have a feeling that would be one of my favorite classes.

Before I knew it though, it was already 9:50, I curse under my breath and walk quickly towards my first class hoping to get there on time. Many guys I pass by say, "hey beautiful" or "hey love don't leave yet". I smirk at them but don't stop walking, I really don't want to be late. I actually make it on time and I sit down at the back. Soon the class begins and I'm quickly captivated on what the professor says. What can I say music has that affect on me, this year is going to be great.

I only have 4 classes today and they are all great. I really enjoy them but my last two are my absolute favorite. My second to last is Performance 1. We study performance and how to involve it in musical creativity. Also performance practice, presentation and the assessment of performance. Through out the class I listen carefully making sure I don't miss anything.

The class ends sooner than I hope but I don't mind, now it's my class in the auditorium. I walk there excitedly, I see a good amount of people there but I sit behind the group instead of with them. The professor soon soon goes on the stage and looks at all of us and says in a thick British accent, "young lady in the back." Everyone turns around and looks at me, I begin to feel intimidated. "Can you please sit with the group." I nod my head and I get up and walk around the seats.

I notice there is only one seat next to a handsome guy. I shrug my shoulders and sit down next to him. He smirks at me and I roll my eyes. Before he could say anything I turn around and pay attention to the professor. The professor soon says, "everyone please walk onto the stage and stand in a line across." We all get up and walk towards the side of the stage where the stairs are.

As I'm walking up them I turn around slightly and notice the guy I was sitting next to is staring at my butt. He notices I caught him and he looks away blushing a bit. I roll my eyes and walk across the stage. I stand around the middle of the line. Many people around me are covering their eyes because of the lights. I'm not though, Im use to it like I said, my high school made me learn to own the stage. I stand there with a good posture making sure to stand proud.

The professor soon says "everyone please as it's your turn please step out and say your name and age." They start from the beginning and it soon gets to the kid next to me the one checking out my butt earlier. He step up and says, "my name is Zack and I'm 19 years old". He steps back in and then he looks at me. I take a deep breath and step out, "my name is Isabelle and I'm 17".