Imaginary Neck Kisses? Chapter 14

SYDNEE'S P.O.V. 

I ran up the stairs, not looking back, and headed for the door. I struggled to hold back the tears but I couldn't. 

"Hey, you ok?" Alli asked from the kitchen. 

I kept running and didn't answer. I considered going back because ignoring her was rude, but my legs wouldn't stop. 

When I reached my house, I opened the door and went straight to the stairs not noticing that someone was behind me. As I entered my room, I lifted my leg to kick the door close, but instead I kicked something else. 

"Owww, my privates!" he yelled. "What the hell was that for?"  

I turned around to see someone that I didn't expect. "Asher?" I asked puzzled. "What are you doing here?" 

"Mom and dad both agreed that you needed someone to watch you, so I offered to come". 

"If anyone needs watching, it's you" I said disgusted. With that I slammed my door shut. 

I walked over to my bed, wiping the wet tear stains, and tried to wonder why my brother was here but what Cody told me kept replaying in my head. I started to cry more and this time, even harder. I don't know why I was overreacting but it felt like someone was taking away the most important thing to me. Am I falling for him?  

As I started to fall asleep, I heard voices arguing downstairs. I sat up so I could try and make out who the voices were since the only other person currently in the house was my brother. After I sat up, it became quiet again.

When I was about to lie down again, the door to my room swung open. "I said you can't go in there" Asher said from behind Cody. 

Cody turned around, whispered something to him and closed the door. 

I rubbed my eyes as he came over to sit on the bed. He cupped my face in his hands. "I didn't think you would be so upset" he said with guilt in his voice.

"I-I'm-" I started to cry. 

He kissed the top of my forehead and pulled me close his chest. We sat there for a while with him rubbing circles on the small of my back. Then he started to sing: 

This girl she came 'round 

The corner, looking like a model

Magazine figure, she was shaped like a bottle

Long straight hair, she was fly as a bird

First time ever I was lost for words

Felt so right, couldn't be wrong

Love at first sight, if that exists at all

I couldn't move, felt like I was stuck

And then baby girl looked up

And I said hey there pretty brown eyes

Watcha doin' later tonight?

Mind if I spend time with you?

And I said hey there pretty brown eyes

Watcha doin' later tonight?

Mind if I spend time with you?

By the time he was done, I had fallen asleep in his arms. He gently placed me under the covers, kissed my cheek, and left. 

----------------------------------------------------

"Hey Syd, wake up" Asher said while opening up my windows.