Chapter 4

A/N Really important- (The whole entire story will be in Raman's Pov. Until I specifically add another POV.)

Chapter Four

I walked in line to order some Starbucks at the airport while I waited for my luggage. All through the flight, last week's events were running through my mind. I couldn't even enjoy the view from the plane; because my conscience kept on taunting me for lying. I knew that one lie would equal to hundreds more, but I was caught up in the moment to think clearly. All I clearly remember was how I easily lied to mom when I brought the letters in.

Flashback:

But, literally it felt like they were burning into my head so I stopped, just in time to hear my mom say. "Raman, why are you dancing this early in the morning. Come inside." Uh-oh I thought, how will I hide my internship letter now. Remembering Priya's letter I quickly opened it and placed my internship letter inside along with the envelope.

"Yes mumma" I replied as walked inside the house.

"What were you doing outside?" she suspiciously asked.

" I was getting the mail."

"So early?"

"Yeah, my result from Oxford was supposed to come in. "

"Congratulations." She said. She looked at my confused face and continued

"It doesn't take a genius to figure out why you were awake at 7 am by the mailbox dancing like a madman. But, jokes apart I really am happy for you sweetheart. You have made both me and your father proud." She said while she stared at the photo of dad hanging up on the wall.

"Yeah" I muttered ashamed thinking how wrong it is for me to lead on mom, but

I have to if I want to live my dream. Then I bent down and I started removing my shoes, until I heard my mom continue

"You know he wanted to be an architecture to; he loved drawing." My mother said referring to dad.

"Yeah, I know" I replied feeling even guiltier, as I finished removing my shoes.

"Uh... I'll go upstairs and start packing." With that I tiptoed upstairs because everybody else was either at work or sleeping. The rest of the week pasted by as a blur. Out of everybody Jasmine was the happiest for two main reasons. When I leave she'll get my room, and she could claim that she knew somebody who works with one direction.

My thoughts were interrupted when the cashier called out my name because my order is ready. I grabbed my Frappuccino as I left the small store and I headed towards baggage claim. After, a few minutes of waiting the arrival of my luggage I spotted my neon green suitcase standing out against the others. I remember being ridiculed by both my mother and brother for choosing that suitcase. Only if Kabir were here now so I could rub it in his face that suitcase turned out to be more useful than he thought. The benefits are that it wouldn't be mistaken to be anybody else's, I could easily spot it, and green's my favorite color. It's win-win. I grabbed my suitcase and I left the building. As I was walking out of the airport towards the sidewalk I bumped into somebody causing my Frappuccino to spill all over my white shirt. My perfectly clean white shirt was ruined; normally I'm a calm person. But I don't know why this thought angered me. I looked up to be met with chocolate brown eyes, which were shining brightly in the sun.

"How dare you. Do you even know who I am?" the brown eyed stranger asked me.

"You ruined my perfectly good white shirt, couldn't you watch where you're walking?" I replied.