Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

Raman's POV

Running, I gripped my backpack tighter. I turned left, as I threw the door open as I pounded down the stairs. I stopped midway to catch my breath, I looked at the railway of the stairs as an idea popped into my mind.

Five minutes later, I was sliding down the railway. Leaving behind shocked expressions on the people that chose to climb those stairs, rather then sliding down them with style.

***

Grinning, I reached class just on time. I sat in a seat in the front as I waited for the lecture to begin.

***

I thrusted the door open as I fell face first on the bed.

"Let me guess, class was hard?" said a random voice. I jumped three feet in the air, as I turned around in shock. The girl sitting cross-legged on the bed across from mine just laughed. I recognized her as the girl in the picture; she smiled as she realized that I had recognized her.

"Oh, hey! I'm Raman Kaur, your dorm mate." I said smiling; she extended her hand as she said

"I'm Gemma Styles" I ignored her hand as I squeezed her in a hug,

"I'm a hugger if you didn't notice" I said as we pulled away. She laughed, she asked if I'd like to join her at Starbuck's but I politely refused since I had to leave for work soon. We exchanged numbers and then she left saying that she's meeting a few people at Starbuck's.

I sat down on the bed as I huffed, I glanced at my work filled backpack, and maybe I should get started on my work...

***

An hour later

I sighed as I had just finished the basic structure of my model; I still had to plan the details. I heard the door open and I looked up, it was Gemma.

"Shouldn't you be at work?" she asked. I shrugged cluelessly as I looked at the time on my phone. I shrieked in shock, I was LATE! I thanked Gemma for informing me before I grabbed my coat and I sprinted out the door.

I slid down the railway, increasing speed per level. I reached the bottom within two minutes, and then I ran towards the front of the building. Luckily I hailed a taxi within a few minutes of arriving.

I reached the building fifteen minutes later; I paid the taxi driver as I checked my watch. God! I was half an hour late. I threw the doors open as I ran up to the receptionist desk asking for Mr. Winston's office.

Five minutes later, I reached his office and I was sitting inside as I apologized numerous times for being late. He kept on putting it off by saying that life is made for mistakes and that he understands my struggle, balancing both school and work.

The door burst open as five boys walked inside holding Starbuck's coffee. I gasped in shock, I stood from my seat as I said

"You!" he mirrored my actions, as Mr. Winston smiled.

"Great! It looks like you've already been introduced! Guess we saved the time that we lost." After that he started rambling on the details of the project, whereas I tuned him out; for I was to busy glaring at the insolent, black-haired boy in front of me.

A/N *Casually strolls in after a month of not updating*

First of I'd like to thank a couple of readers, who've reminded me that I have other books disregarding Veena-Zayn on Wattpad. Voting and commenting encourage me to write, so if you'd like more frequent update, hit the vote button and comment! I know my absence isn't excused, I'M SORRY! I promise that the update will become more frequent!

P.S. Please ignore the grammar mistakes and the crappy update, this was rushed and it's like 11 pm I have school tomorrow and I have to wake up at six. I'm half asleep rn, so please excuse my horrible grammar. I'll edit the book once it's completed.