Graduation

June 10, 2016

"Mom! I cant find it!" I yelled from downstairs. My oso lovely mother assigned me the task of finding her phone. While it was dead.

"Check in between the couches!" She yelled back at me.

"'Check in between the couches.'" I mock while huffing like a baby, then do what she told me to do.

I honestly don't understand why she won't use my phone or her camera to take pictures.

Today is the day. Graduation.

School flew by in a breeze, and my babies are growing like weeds.

Im supposed to be getting ready for graduation right now, but mother dearest stopped me right before I left the house. Checking my phone I see the time and wince.

I have to go now if I want to make my appointment.

"Mom I have to go!" I yell, getting up off of the floor and dusting myself off.

"Okay, have fun my girl!" She calls back to me.

I grab the car seats and rush out the already open door and quickly fasten my twins to the car.

"Mama has to go and get her hair cut. Do you think she'll look good?" I ask them, checking my rear view mirror after I buckled up and started the ignition.

Heavenly claps and Adan smiles wide at me, kicking his feet.

I take that as a yes.

I've waited this long to cut my hair, because they're no longer so little and they can now recognize me anywhere. Wether I'm wearing my hair pulled back, out, flat, curly, half up and half down they know I'm mama.

"Are you ready to get your ears pierced?" I asked them.

I'd also waited this long to get their ears pierced. Some people don't wait, but I did.

I can honestly say I've been hogging my babies. I really don't take them out in public. I'm the Kim Kardashian and they're the North West of Colorado Springs. Only selected people have seen my babies, and only one picture of them has been released.

But today, that all changes. Because they're coming with mommy to her graduation.

"Nakoema Smith. I have the 10:45 appointment." I smile at the receptionist.

Her eyes get wide once she sees my twins, but she nods nonetheless and brings me to the back of the hair salon.

I'd made sure to get one where they strictly only cut hair. No chemicals to mess with my babies lungs, just scissors and clippers.

"Mr. Jones, your 10:45 appointment is here." The young receptionist says, sneaking another glance at my babies.

The hairdresser nods, his back still to us so I lean into her and whisper,

"May I ask why you keep looking at my babies like that? Or is it me?"

The girl looks bug eyed, but then shakes her head.

"Sorry for staring, but they're just so cute." She gushes.

I smile and say thanks at the same time as the hairdresser turns around. He shoos the receptionist out and indicates I should sit.

"What would you like?" He asked, coming up behind me.

Taking a breath I said the words I'd hoped wouldn't ruin me.

"Surprise me."

45 minutes later I have extremely short hair. And I love it. I have short cropped curly hair and it looks cute.