#5 Rebecca

'They died in the explosion' the words echo in my brain, over and over, repeating at the same speed as my pounding heart.
"No, no, no, no, no." I rock back and forth, shaking my head.

I didnt recognize the room I was in. It was very plain, but I couldn't spot any details because of my misty eyes.

I couldn't believe what was happening. I thought I had escaped my past, leaving Amity, choosing a different and shorter name. But I guess you can never forget your own history.

The guilt was clawing at my stomach, like a monster trying to rip its way out of me. I was numb from cold and shaking, but the hot tears on my face didn't change that.

The door creaked open and I put my head in my arms, folding in on myself, trying to disappear. A pair of muscular arms wrap around me, but I pull away. I know its Conner and I know he's looking at me with hurt and worry, but he shouldn't be near me. He should of never met me.

My heart screams at me brain for thinking like that, but its the truth. I'm a horrible person and it was mistake to think I could ever be happy, especially with the person I hurt the most. I should just jump into the chasm and stop hurting people.

"I... I... Think I love you, Conner" I shake with each word.
"What's wrong with that?" He asks, sadness dripping in his voice.
"I shouldn't!" I sob. "Not after what I did!"
"Becca, what's did you do?" He was definitely confused, not able to think that I did something so despicable.
"I'm... I'm so, so sorry. I... Didn't mean to" I stutter my voice cracking.
"Becca?"
I look up at him.
"It was me" I blink away the tears.

"I set off the bomb."

A/N hope you like the chapter. What do you thinks gonna happen? Please comment and vote! Bye all!-Evie