#1 Rebecca

The sun bursts through my curtains. I crawl out of bed and stretch, enjoying my first movements of the day. I yawn as I open the curtians, sunlight pouring on my face as I open the windows, to let in the crisp morning air.

I smile and bop on my feet. Today is the choosing ceremony. Excitement bubbles in my stomach. It's always been obvious which faction I'm going to choose. Dauntless. Everyone has always said I live on the wild side, and I agree. Always talking back to my teachers and elders. Always going where I shouldn't. Always adventuring a little too far into the forest.

I'm well known by the dauntless elders, they've caught me following them on several occasions. I want to do what they do. I want to run. To chase. I want to be free. I am Rebecca Hazel and I want to be free.

I walk over to my wardrobe and pull out a orange crop top, yellow skater skirt and a red cardigan. I sit in front of my dressing table and stare into my reflection. I brush my dark brown hair, then let it cascade past my shoulders.

I do my normal make up; smokey eye, mascara, concealer and foundation. But add a layer of red lipstick. My chocolate coloured eyes kind of throw of the smoke effect, but it still looks good. I put on a necklace similar to the amity symbol; a tree inside a circle, a pair of daisy earrings and a leather bracelet with a large silver leaf.

I grab my red purse and fill it with essentials; make up, deoderant, hair brush, lip solve, tooth brush and a photo of my family. Slipping on my red shoes I rush out the door.

Break fast and lunch zoom by and now, I'm sitting in the amity section, watching people go up one by one. Time seems to slow down, and for some strange reason, I feel nervous.

"Rebecca Hazel" Marcus calls. I look to my parents and they give me a proving nods and bright smiles. They know my choice, and they don't care, they just want me to be happy.

I walk down the steps, my foot steps echoing in the silence. Five metal bowls greet me, standing tall on their podiums. I grip the knife with all my strength to keep it from slipping out my clammy hands. With a flick of my wrist I slit open the palm of my hand, hissing under my breath at the pain.

I step closer to the bowls. Candor. Erudite. Amity. Abnegation. Dauntless. I hold my hand out and squeeze it into a fist. The blood trickles out of the cut and down my hand. The droplet gathers at the bottom of my hand. When it finally gets big enough, it falls. But everything seems to stop one millimetre from the coal. I'm frozen. I can't do anything. And for a few moments I forget about the huge crowd behind me and I feel factionless.

But as soon as the moment begins, it ends and my blood is sizzling on the hot coals. Cheers erupt from behind and I get pulled into a croud of black.

A/N hi guys! How do you like the first chapter? If you want to follow my personal account it's called xxMazeWolfxx. Sorry for any spelling or grammer mistakes. Please comment and vote! Bye all!