1: Two Souls One Body

This concept really confuses me in a werewolf story; when the character's wolf has its own soul and name.

I honestly think whoever came up with this is clever and had a good idea to switch things up, but I also think their story didn't have 60 characters to keep track of.

I mean, in some stories I already have to keep track of your 50 guys and 13 chicks that lives in this huge house, and now you're telling me that I have to know who's who when they shift?!

Its not my cup of tea for a werewolf story, a bit cluttered and confusing at times.

_____________________________________
So here is an example if you don't know what I mean:

"Mia!" Coven called out as Tiffany shifted down into her wolf eclipse. I turned a little to late and was tackled down, coven shifted quickly into his wolf Blaine and tackled her off.

I quickly shifted into gypsy and ran to help Blaine, who was struggling to keep her down. Suddenly Roofous and Nail; two of our many pack guards jumped out into the cleaning.

Gypsy growled as we all circled eachother. "You cant win this." She said through the mind link. I begged her not to intimidate Tiffany and Eclipse. "We're too weak.." I whispered to Gypsy.

"I feel your weakness." Eclipse mocked. "This is your end." Tiffany hissed. Blaine cut in telling me not to trust her. "at your word, we'll leave."

My body scrunched up as she walked closer, teeth bared and eyes full of darkness. then as i was stuck in my own thoughts i could hear gypsy call out in a load bark, "look out!".
____________________________________

So what do you think? I just don't see why every shiftier or were wolf has to have a wolf soul in them to make them shift, I mean what happened to "twilight"? They didn't need two souls to shift!

its mostly the whole- character talking to their wolf's soul wail talking with others and their wolf's souls that bothers me.

Its just like talking to yourself through out the book to me, I want to know about the adventure. Not about how your inner wolf feels.

Worst of all I find it hard to find a good werewolf book with this concept that stays on track.

We end up two chapters deep in the back story of this wolf soul. Learning things that "teach the character a lesson" but that have nothing to do with the current story being told.

I feel that there are better ways to write with this concept but I always see the same things.

______________________________________
Anyway, you could try some of these things with the concept;

Loses soul, no longer a werewolf

Saves a dying wolf and gets its soul when it passes, becoming a werewolf.

The soul of the wolf is past down through every other generation.

◾Someone is stealing werewolf souls and keeping them in soul gems.
______________________________________

But for me its just way to confusing when the author throws in 50 characters and then tries to teach you all of their wolf names and then unless you memorized them you always end up confused or mixed up.

I dont find this concept working but if you're going to use it, here are my tips:

MY TIP
______________________________________

Don't use the two souls one body concept if you plan on having a lot of characters or if you are new to werewolf stories.

if you do use this concept please try to remind your readers of who's who for the first few times they shift, it wouldn't hurt to say something.

⭐Vote, ✏comment, 🖱share.