8: Dead, Dying, or Missing

Is this the fate of every parent in a werewolf fan fiction? To be dead, dying, or just not there?

So in most fan fics I've read so far, the girl (always a girl) is like 15-16 years old. You know; still in high school, no job or starting, needs her parents to live, etc.

So why is it that when she gets kidnapped or moves in with the werewolf boy; the parents are no longer around or don't give no shits.

Look, I don't care who you are; your parents love you and probably don't want you moving out at 15 to go live with some guy they have never ment and know nothing about.

The first and most common is that the parents are dying or that (more likely) one of them is already dead. Here is one of the most common ways it goes:
_____________________________________

Dieing
Mia knelt down beside the hospital bed and try not to cry. Her mother had cancer and was slipping faster everyday. Her and her mother were so close (even though its never talked about) and ever since her father died when she was young (never says how, or it was a car accident or he walked out) she has only had her mom. Mia held her mother's hand tight in her's, it was clear that she didn't have long now.

And then the (always) Alpha boy who likes her and is (always) super rich, (always) pays for her mother's sergury and saves the damn woman's life. And then the girl (always) falls for the guy and just instantly loves him some how. After that, (always) the mother is barely talked about or never heard of again.

That poor woman lived such a short few chapters just to never be heard from again, what if the cancer came back and killed her?! We'd never know!

Dead
Mia couldnt belive that her father had died in the crash, she was all alone now. After losing her mother from cancer as a child, she had no clue how she was going cope now. She kneeled on the floor and cried, thinking of how she would now have to live with her cruel step mother that treated her like a slave. She wished there was someone who could save her.

Nomaly when one of the parents is dead it happened when the character was either to yougn to remember, or when they were a child. The cause of their death is normally always a car crash or an illness *cough* cancer.

When both parents are dead (which is uncommon) the character normally lives with mean or "evil" adopted parents or other crul family. That or they live with an aunt and unclue that give them everything and don't give any shits.

In other cases, she is already mates with some guy and just moves in with him. Never speaks of family again.

Either way, these are normally the reasons why the character "runs away" with that hot alpha guy and moves in with him.

Is it really that hard to put two people in a stable relationship together with the family still alive?

Missing
Mia lived on her own, she didnt have anyone looking out for her. She ran away from home long ago and has been making it on her own ever since. She tried not to think about what was, it was an awful place to be and she was glade to be free of it.

This is mostly about the "broken family" theme. Where it is always the father who walked out on them or cheated on his wife, or some other stupid reason so that he didn't have to be mentioned.

Is that because the father is only mentioned when he's the abusive parent?

Or because he's the authority figure and would have to tell his kid no when they tried to move out and live with the sexy guy?

In some stories they dont even explain it. One minute she's living at home, you dont ever hear anything about her parents and then suddenly she's living with the sexy alpha werewolf no questions asked.

MY TIPS
____________________________________

At least include that the character has or had parents.

They can be "dead, dying, or missing" just please make them exsist!

⭐Vote, ✏comment, 🖱share.