Chapter Twelve

"He was all mine, and I was all his."

Brianna Garcia

The ride was long, dead, silent,... painful. In my mind I begged for him to say a word, tell me that I've made a mistake, tell me I was wrong. For god sakes, scream at me for all I care. But nothing, he said nothing. His eyes were molten together with the landscape we were passing as my eyes dangerously untied from the road and kept glancing at him. I felt as if my heart was going to explode, as if I was going to stop the car, yell at him and cry. But nothing, I did nothing. I just kept driving, and driving, and driving.

"Dean," I'd gently whisper with my voice crying in shame. But no reply, not a word, not a sound. Just a dead silence stabbing me in every sensitive spot. I wanted him to tell me what a failure I am, what a mess I am. I wanted him to yell at me but he did nothing. God damn nothing!

"Dean," I tried once again. And again. No answer, no sound, no word. "Look, I know you don't want to talk to me and this is really confusing to you but," I sighed as if I tried to inhale courage. "please, just please don't stay silent. Talk to me, I beg you."

As tears escaped my eyes I held grip on the steering wheel, waiting and waiting for the words that would come out of his mouth, but nothing. He said nothing. "I'm sorry! I'm sorry, alright! I know I messed up! I know I fucked everything up but it was. It was a hard choice for me, Dean. I couldn't just choose that easily." My eyes centered on his silent ignoring figure but quickly I landed my sight back on the empty road and hit the brakes roughly with my foot.

"Dean, talk to me!" I yelled as I lost the fight with my tears. "Don't just sit there and pretend as if I'm not here!"

I silently gasped as I whipped off my tears as he said; "You're tired, let me drive."

"W-what? Dean, I'm not fucking tired! I'm just tired of you ignoring me!" The tears kept flowing and flowing as I tightened my grip on the steering wheel. "I'm tired of everything! I messed up, I know! But I tried! I tried, Dean." I placed my hands on my face as my body shook wildly. "I tried, I'm sorry. I'm sorry, Dean." Before I could even realize I was being pulled out of the car into a tight but gentle embrace and I slightly sighed as I felt Dean's warm body against mine.

"You're tired," he said as his voice was as gentle as ever. "let me drive."

I slowly nod my head and placed it into the crook of his neck as I inhaled his scent which immediately send shivers down my spine. "Don't let me go," I silently whispered, letting the wind send my voice into his ears.

"Never," he replied as he tightened his grip on me. "I promised, remember." A small smile appeared on my face and my lips gently touched his cheek. I sighed quietly and took a seat in the passenger's seat as he companioned me in the driver's seat.

****

I slowly fluttered my eyes open from darkness to darkness, only realizing after a couple of seconds it was evening I searched for a lap on the nightstand with my hand, once I found it I pressed my finger on the button and put my eyes in slits as the soft light irritated my vision. I groan silently as I glanced around and scanned the area. A large modern room, soft beige painted walls, not much of interior but a big, beautiful mirror facing the kind size bed I was situated on. A small giggled left my mouth as I saw a small yellow sticky note on the mirror. I carefully stood up from the comfortable cloud-like bed and shivered as the cold of the floor tingled all over my body. My feet carried me to the mirror as I took the note and read what was written on the yellow paper; "You looked so peaceful I didn't want to wake you. I'm sorry if I'm not around now, I'll be back later. Oh and by the way, there are some clothes for you on the chair next to the closet. –Dean"