Four

I couldn't get the look of his eyes and teeth out of my head all day. It was a complete horror show and it seemed no one else had noticed. My head was spinning for the rest of the school day and when the final bell rang I sprinted for the door. I was stopped just short of my freedom by Ashton.

"Hello" he whispered. I backed away.

"You stay away from me!" I warned. Ashton frowned and touched my face with the pads of his fingers.

"Shall I walk you home?" He asked. I refused to look at his face. He tilted my chin up to look at him.

"You saw nothing today. You were feeling a little sick and were seeing things" he said in a normal tone. My head began to ache tremendously. What had I seen?

"Wh-what?" I asked. He held my chin tighter.

"You saw nothing out of the ordinary today. You were feeling a little sick and were seeing g things!" He growled. My legs began to tremble.

"I-i saw nothing today." I whispered.

"And?"

"I was feeling a little sick. That's all" I completed. Ashton dropped my chin and the ache in my head went away. I shook it a bit to clear it. I looked around to find myself standing in the hallway near Ashton.

"Everything okay?" He asked in his usual whisper-y voice. I nodded, holding the back of my head.

"Yeah. I'm just feeling a little sick that's all" I replied, trying desperately to remember how exactly I got to be talking with Ashton.

"You seem a bit pale. Shall I walk you home?" He asked. I smiled weakly and nodded.

"Yeah... Yeah I'd like that" I replied. He smiled and lead me out the door.

"Which way?" He asked. I pointed.

"This way. Thanks again, Ashton. I normally take the bus home but... I feel like walking g today for some reason." I felt a deep connection with Ashton. As if if I left him a piece of me would be gone too. It was odd since I'd only just met him. About half way home he grabbed my hand and I felt a buzz coming from the spot.

Not a buzz like you get when you touch someone you love or care for. A buzz more like you've just touched an electrical outlet and your arm is tense and shaking a bit. A buzz that was slightly painful.

If you haven't read the first book in the series; Curiousity (Luke) then you should cause its almost done! Also pls get this to 5 comments?