Chapter Six

We decided to push back the wedding and we locked away my mom in the dungeon, but we all knew that it wouldn't stop my mom.

I didn't know what to do. My mom could destroy the town any time now, and we had no idea. And we couldn't send her back to the island because the barrier was still broken.

Me and Ben were beyond worried.

I walked into Bens room to find him sitting on the bed with his head in his hands. I wasn't sure, but I thought I heard him sniffle. I walked over to him.

"Ben..? What's wrong?" I asked soothingly, while sitting next to him and rubbing his arm. He shook his head, and I knew it was because he couldn't talk because of his tears.

I moved his arm and crawled onto his lap. I wrapped my arms around his chest as he shook from sobbing. He hugged me back, but still his tears fell.

After a while, he stopped.

"I can't take being King. I.. I am going to mess it up... Mal... I can't.." He whispered.

I took his face in my hands. Suddenly the fact that we hadn't kissed yet came to me, but now wasn't the time. "Ben. You are doing a great job. You're an amazing king. I love you." I said, and after a second Ben smiled. He pushed back a piece of my hair and kissed my cheek. I smiled. Maybe not everything was going wrong.

"Mal, I don't think we should put off the wedding. I think... I think it will be okay. Really. Let's just do it!" He laughed. I nodded. "Okay. When?" I asked. We already had everything set up.

"Tomorrow!" He exclaimed. "Um. Are you sure?!" I asked. He nodded. So, that's that then.

°°°

OMG I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH OMGGGG I GOT 1.18K IN LIKE A WEEK I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!! I AM SO SORRY THIS CHAP SUCKS I PROMISE I WILL UPDATE MORE NOW. Thanks so much!