Chapter Three

Ben came back later in the afternoon. When the door opened I jumped up and ran to him.

"Where have you been! I've been worried! Ugh Ben!" I said, wrapping my arms around him. He hugged me back.

"I'm sorry, I had things to do... As a King and all." He chuckled nervously. I bit my cheek and nodded.

"Okay Ben. But next time... Tell me please." I whispered into his coat. He nodded and stroked my hair.

When we broke apart, Ben leaned down to look at me face to face. His face was traced with worry, and I didn't understand why.

"I love you, Mal. I love you." He said, and my heart thudded against my chest.

I felt myself blush as I said, "I love you too Ben. And in a few days, we're gonna be married. And everything will be okay. And perfect. I love you too." He slowly leaned down and right as our lips were about to touch, Jay burst into the room, making us both jump.

"Whoa, sorry, was I interrupting something? Sorry. I just wanted to know if the king here wanted to play a little game of field hockey?" He asked and Ben glanced to me pleading with his eyes.

I rolled mine and nodded, and they ran off like five year olds. I giggled, and decided to take a walk around.

I went out into the grounds garden, and looked at the flowers.

There used to be a time when I would of looked at the flowers with disgust, but now all I saw was beauty. Thanks to Ben. I really did love him, but I wasn't sure I was ready to be Queen. There were still people here that didn't approve of all of us being here at all.

I sighed and thought back to my life back on the island. I remember how horrible I was treated. Maybe... As queen... I could help them. I know how owful it was in that place. Not that they don't deserve it, but they needn't have such bad conditions. Maybe I could talk to Ben about it.

I was lost in thought until a pair of arms I knew too well wrapped around my waist. I smiled and turned around.

"Hey Mal, wanna go watch a movie together? The others are gonna go hang out at the park and I thought we could hang out?" He asked. I nodded.

We headed to his bedroom and he set up the movie. I snuggled under the blankets and breathed in Bens scent from the blankets. Ben jumped face first onto the bed and made me burst out laughing.

He army crawled up to me and kissed my cheek. Then he too got under the blankets and wrapped his arms around me. We stayed like that until I fell asleep in his arms, and he started snoring against my hair.

•••

Hi everyone! Maicy here! I'm so excited for the baby haha yay!! I know, I know you guys don't care lol. I hope you enjoyed this chap, and thanks so much for fifty reads in like three days. You guys are the best! Remember to vote and follow and I love reading the comments so please do! Bye!