Chapter 10

There is something deep inside of me that I never have been able to describe and express to anyone. It's a secret that I have always kept; even mother and father didn't know. I trusted no one with it. You readers are probably wondering what in the heavens an I talking about correct? I will tell you then...

~ 4 years ago~
Gripping the sword tightly in my nimble fingers, I relax and let my shoulders drop. Having to stand straight and keep a proper pose all day is such a nuisance. No one is in my room right now, nor anyone outside to guard considering they have their breaks right about now.
   My mind is so restless. I have to worry about tomorrow's events and guests that are arriving, along with having to contemplate about what dishes we should serve.
   As I stand in the darkness of my room, I shed  tears silently because of the miserable life I have to fulfill. Little did I know that these tears would soon drip lower and lower until it hits the sheath of my sword. Then...
    The world in front of me blinded my with a brilliant blindly white light. I shield my eyes as it turns brighter and brighter, and the next thing I know...
   I was floating off the ground.
   I had wings! What? No; I must be dreaming. Maybe I have over worked today. This is impossible! I am doing the impossible! Then I am in my own room once more.
   I looked at myself in my mirror. I was really floating! My wings were like those of creatures called bats. Dark and big, yet soft and warm. Not only did I grow wings, I changed as well. My clothes were nothing more than a short kimono that had patterns representing splattered dark pink, magenta, and black with a background of white. The rim of the kimono was detailed with floral black laced designs. My shoes were no more than mere lace like sandals. My hair was neatly braided into a long one, hanging behind me like a tail. Oh! My ears also changed! Not human ear any longer, but pointy elf like characteristics! Disappointingly, I do not have a tail.
   The sword I was once holding is now strapped to my waist by my silver obi. Such fine fabric and details. As I am noticing these changes,  I quickly remember that the guards can be back any moment.
   How do I change back? How long will it take? Will I ever be able to change back again? Hold that thought for just a moment. I wonder what I can do in this form... Hmmm...
   I have read many myths and stories about how 'humans' like me have lived and survived in this world. They carried magical powers that others can see as good or bad. Some had fire magic, some had wind magic, some had abilities to talk to animals. I ponder what I have? Shall I try? The guards have not yet arrived arrived so I suppose a little test would not do any harm to anyone.
    I stood quietly and closed my eyelids. I let my arms fall to either side or me and I think hard about what I want to conjure. Maybe I shall conjure up a baby panda. I have never seen one in person though it might be very dangerous. I shall conjure up somethings more simple them. How about...
   A frozen flower? Why not?
   I isolated my surrounding from my thoughts and thought about a blossomed lily inside a cube of ice. Pinkish purple, with a hint of light pink in its core and center. As I opened my eyes, I see it hovering in mid ai in front of me.
   Astonishing! What a spectacular discovery! Now, can I freeze things when I touch it?
I tried several objects; a plant, the table, and a book, all of them froze quickly. Now I shall attempt to reverse them.

   ~Back to the present~
Where are the guards? Should not they be here already? I have practicing my ability for a while now and they yet still have not returned. Oh well, they are probably drunk from drinking our new shipment of booze today.
***
   "Lady Mizuki...."
I spoke these words over and over repeatedly. Without noticing my surroundings, the hours and time in the day passes by without a sound. Combat and fighting is all focus on now. I should've never thought that lady Miyuki would have special feelings for me. What a fool am I am.
"Ow!"
I didn't realize that I cut a wound into my combat buddy. The wound not too deep, but deep enough to scar.
"I'm sorry. I wasn't focusing."
I suddenly feel a tug from behind and I am now being dragged to a corner of the training court. It was a fellow comrade.
"Look, I know that you are all high up and all, but please be more careful. I also know that you're trying to block out the feelings you feel for lady Miyuki. Try all you want, but it won't go away until you face your fears."
"Bu-"
Before I can finish what I want to say, he gives me a friendly Paton the shoulder and heads back to the crowd that now forming around my combat buddy.
***
"Morning."
Birds chirping and the fresh smell of freshly washed cloths fill my nostrils. It's strange to find this smell comforting, but I just do. I remember staying up almost up all night and morning. Maybe I only got one to two hours of sleep last night.
Knock knock!
"Come in!"
The servants come in and give me the usual morning pampering. Then......
Winds so strong that I have to grab ahold of a heavy piece of furniture comes towards me! The doors to my room breaks open by the amount of wind something not human takes form at the door. Not big, not small, but you can distinctively tell it's not human. Long silver sleek hair. Pale translucent skin. Beautifully shaped lips. Blazing purple eyes. Humongous bat like wings. Sharp long nail like claws. A female something. ....a Devil from Hell.
"Hello darling. It's nice to see you again."