Chapter 12

Ugh. I cannot feel my body. What's this? The air around me seem to have cleared up even though the fire that I am trapped in is still spreading.
A ring of circle surround Lady Miyuki. She now looks completely different. Her eyes grew furious. The fire in her eyes danced with passion as one of her hands conjured up magic while her other hand wielded a dagger. Not knowing what she is looking at, I follow her gaze and then I find myself staring at another demon. This demon was even more frightening than lady Miyuki. Lady Miyuki in a way did look frightening, but she also looked fierce and strong. Though she did look frightening, she doesn't look like she was evil. The She- Devil did.
"Dance my dear, Dance!"
The she devil acted as if she was playing a childish game. From left to right, she dodged each of the attack with ease. Gliding from one corner of what was still remained of this room to the other, she smiled wickedly.
"You come back here you coward! A real warrior wouldn't run away from a battle!"
The anger in Miyuki's tone was enough to get me bewildered. I had never known for her to ever get this angry. She always seemed to be calm and relaxed. I believe that once this beast took over, she no longer has the ability to control what she feels. Only her anger is controlling what she does and her decisions.
After a while, I grew too tired to look. The pain that I have gotten is bleeding. My eyelids are slowly starting to close heavily. My conscience is disappearing. I'm sorry I am leaving you behind. I had wished that one day we would leave this world together and happily. Unfortunately, I guess my wish was to naive.
***
   The sun rose and my body feels like lead. The she devil is smiling as she tries to hide her grimaces and her pain.
   "It looks like you've done well. Maybe I will find you once again. For now, I will return to my home to heal."
    With those final parting words, she was gone.
  Oh no. I forgot all about Ren! Please! Just let him be alive!
   I rushed over to his side. Timidly, I caressed his cheek.
   "Ren! Ren! Wake up!"
   No response.
    "Ren! Ren! Please! I-I beg you!"
    The fire around me has now calmed down a little. What remains of this room is nothing more then ashes and burnt buildings and wood.
    My body violently shook, not just from the tiredness and pain that I've sustained, but from the jab in the heart that Ren is laying here in front of me motionless.
    Sobs and wails were the only sounds to be heard now. I have nothing left to live for if he isn't here...
    The smiles that we once shared together, the laughter that we once shared with others, the kindness and tenderness that we expressed with each other are know no more than faint memories that replay in my mind.
   Shaking his body, my wish for Ren to still be alive lingers like a ghost.
Be alive. Don't leave me. Hold me. Make me laugh. Make me angry. Make me feel special.
   I know that this wish is beyond impossible. My wish is still replaying over and over again in my head like a record. Don't go....
    Warm tears run down my face like an overflowing riverbed. My hands grasped the fabrics oh Ren's clothing. His hair falls over his eyes. It is better that it is covering his eyes. That way, I won't have to be able to see that he is truly gone.
    Drip! Drop! The tears rolls down my face and drop onto Ren's face. Then a single movement caught my eyes. My tears gave Ren's life back.
   His hair moved. His eyes flutter open slowly. Like a butterfly first emerging from its cocoon, it beats its wings slowly. Then... It's speed picks up. What is left is a wondrous sight. The butterfly's wings shine.
    "Mi...Yu...ki...."
    "Ren...."
    I was too happy to be able to think straight. All I could do was sit there and cry even more like an idiot.
    "Don't cry."
    His now warm fingers wiped away my dirty tear streaks.
    "Help me get ...up."
   Ren's breathing was a bit abnormal, but I can clearly see that his wounds were quickly healing as if by magic.
    "So... You really do love me huh Miyuki."
   A crooked smile is now plastered onto his face. We both look like idiots now.
    "Baka!"
    I threw myself onto him. Before he had time to even react, I grabbed his clothes and wrapped myself in his warmth. It felt so nice. Like an eternity that has separated us, I felt like my heart would burst into a billion glass pieces.
   "Woah. Be careful. Remember that I just healed."
    I laughed a bit whole crying. I think Ren knew so he just ignored how I looked and he just patted my head. I don't think I had ever wanted to be this close to anyone for a while. Since I was little into now, the darkness was my only friend. I guess the world does have more to offer then just sadness.
Sniffle sniffle!
   "You look like a kid."
   " Don't tease me!"
    Though the fire that had already calmed down left brutal remains, we didn't care. For the time being, being with the one I love is the most important. I think he feels the same way. If he still treats me like I'm his younger sibling, I don't think I would have the courage to face him anymore. I don't have feelings for him like what a younger sibling would feel. I have feelings for him as a women who love a man.
    ***
   The fire is gone. Structures have collapsed. Nothing is to remain. The village is burned to the ground. Only blackness is left.
   The people who are lucky enough to escape gather near where the forest starts. Luckily, the fire did spread to the forest. Many people survived as well. Lady Miyuki and Ren are now joining the others. In frantic search for any other survivors, the ninjas begin to go and did under the ashes. Sadly, many came back empty handed.
    "Well, at least I am happy that many people are alive."
    Ren agreed but there was something that he is not telling her. Not wanting to pry her for imformation after her long fight, Ren decided to leave the mystery about why that she Devi less fighting with her unsolved for the time being.
    "Lord Ren! General Hitoshi is missing!"
***
Hi! Sorry it took me a while once again! I had a bit of difficulty thinking of how the next few chapters should be. I am thinking of possibly ending this story at chapter 15 or so. Please comment if you want me to make it longer! ^^