Introduction

"My darling daughter! It has now come to age where you shall wed! We have chosen a husband for you and we promise that you to him. Please fulfill your role as the heir to the Hyoshi family. For us, for you, and for the sake of human kind."
    My mother's warm smile shines brightly in my mind. Her eyes swelling up with tears of happiness. Her hands clasps together in joy as I was soon to be wedded, as I was soon to fulfill my role, as I was soon to bring happiness to my family for more generations to come, but it never will happen. My future now is unclear as my house and family that is burned to ashes in front of my eyes. I cannot shed a single tear for I am to be strong. I have to protect the sacred sword. If I do not, my life has no meaning left.
    The fire is burning brightly in front of me. The ashes mix with the damp and cold winter snow. My feet sunken into the softness of this snow, Blood stains this white blanket, and me.
    I turn around, no longer able to bare the sight of a place once I called home, a place I once treasured, and a place once where my joy and happiness lived. My family is longer here now, fore they have reached a more happier place. They can now find peace. Please look over me as I continue this journey alone. Even if you are not here with me, please give me the hope and strength I need to keep on living.
   As I turn around slowly, my legs would not move. They feel as though I have been anchored to this land. The feel so heavy. I have never experience this feeling before. I feel pain and an overwhelming surge of anxiety pass through my body, from the top of my head to the bottom of my toes.
   I continue through the snow in wet clothes and in cold weather. I have no sustained any injuries, but I must stay strong. Then....
   Swoosh!
   An arrow flies past my face, drawing a small line of blood on my cheek, then sticking into a tree in front of me. I do not dare to turn around. I do not want to die, nor do I want to die like this. I stand still and breath in and out, trying to calm my heartbeat down.
   Whoever that shot that arrow must wanted this sword, but they will not have it! They will have to fight with me I order to get it, though I doubt I would put up much of a fight. Suddenly...
    Two arrows shot from the tree above me towards the person standing behind me. I heard a thud, and then...silence.
    Silently and slowly, I turned around. What my eyes see now is a dead body. A soldier is lying there in the snow as his warm blood soaks into the whiteness that surrounds his dead body.
    I do not know who saved my life, but I do wish to thank them. If they saved my life, then I am in great debt to them. Maybe then. I can find a place to stay. But how shall I explain this sword problem to them? As I ponder this and that, someone drops down from the tree I was looking at earlier. It is difficult to see the figure because it is hidden in the darkness, but I can make out that it is a man, possibly a soldier or ninja or assassin working for the good side- which is my side called the Yoritaki .
    I wait until I can fully see this figure, but it took a while. At first, it looked like this man didn't want to come out, but he gradually stepped out of the shadows quietly. I can tell right away that he was kind because he wore a warm gentle smile upon his face. He also had a badge on him, identifying him as a comrade and ninja of the Yoritaki side.
    We stared at each other in silence before he spoke up. When he did, he said ...