6

That's how I got disconnected from my best friends. Now here I am 4 years later.
Leaving the boys was probably the second hardest part of moving across the across the world. Calum completely cutting me off was the first.
He and the boys came with me to the airport. There were tears and hugs all around. There were so many promises and touching words. Yet apparently none of them meant anything. Don't get me wrong, we stayed in touch longer than you would think. We face timed and called almost everyday for a couple months. Then it went to texting. Then it went to texting only a couple times a month. The worst part is that's as far as Calum went. I called and text over a million times but I was left with an operating machine. Michael and Luke still text or tweet or face book or contact me somehow on my birthday and Christmas but not Calum. He was the one I thought, even though I was across the world, would stay in touch with me forever. He was my other half. I loved him and his family and trusted him with everything I had and to all of a sudden one day never here from him again broke my heart.
After maybe 6 or 7 months of me moving it was like Calum fell of the side of the planet. I never asked Michael or Luke about it cause it was between us and I guess if Calum really wanted to still be a part of my life he would have answered my thousands of calls. Maybe he never even wanted to be a part of my life. Or me be a part of his. Maybe he felt as though he was forced to know me and me leaving was finally his break. It saddens me to think of him like that but what else am I supposed to think?
Eventually I excepted it. Especially when i saw they got a drummer, Ashton, for their band, and started to get more and more popular. I was their #1 fan at one point but seeing them on social media so much made me sad so I tried to hear of them as least as I could. My best friends became famous.

They've come to LA a couple times but nothing has happened. They are coming again in a few days I guess but the last thing I would want to do is see them. See the new guy that took my spot. See Calum.

"Mom I'm going to school !" I yelled as I was about to walk out the door.
"By love you !" She called.
"Love you too! " I said as I slipped out the front door to my car.
My mom got better with the drinking. There are times when she slips up and has a crazy night but its nothing like it was before. Although I still don't agree leaving my dad was the right choice, it was the right choice for my mom and I'm glad we moved. Well most of the time I'm glad.
//
Thankfully it was Friday and I was on my way home from school. I decided to stop at Starbucks bc why not everybody loves Starbucks, and got myself an iced coffee. Eventually I made it home and  saw my mom was already home from work.
But I was very confused when I unlocked the door to see her sitting in the front room with three other guys whose backs were turned to me. Wtf is going on?

"Hello ?" I said as if I was greeting them but it came out like a question. The first one to turn his head was a pale guy with a snap back, eyebrow piercing, and light eyes and had a bunch of scruff all over his face. They all mostly turned at the same time but the next one I saw was a boy with tall blonde hair, blue eyes, and a lip ring. The last guy had light brown long curly hair with green-ish eyes and flashed his huge dimples when we made eye contact.
I looked at all three of them and my stomach dropped when I immediately recognized 2 sets of eyes I haven't seen in 4 years.
"Holy shit" I said and my iced coffee slipped out of my hand all over the floor but I honestly did not care. All of a sudden my eyes got blurry and I was instantly in someone's arms who I knew were Michaels. I squeezed him so tight I could've killed him but he was holding me just as tight. I could feel the vibrations from him laughing on my cheek that was presses up against his chest. We stayed like this for a couple seconds, just holding each other. But then I remembered the other boy I missed so much. I loosened my grip and looked up to Michael to see his big goofy smile  and then slipped out of his arms as I looked up to see Luke right there.
"Oh my God" I said laughing as I hugged the crap out of Luke. We hugged each other forever until we eventually let go of each other and my heart was pounding.
"What are you guys doing here !? When did u get here? Oh my- you guys have grown like 20 feet !!! What the heck I'm gunna pass out." I said possibly everything that was going through mind before I remembered something else. Well someone else actually. I paused for a moment while the guys were laughing at me but they must have saw how my face changed because they immediately stopped and looked at me as if I was gunna start crying.
"Where's Calum?"