2

Michael Clifford. Cal and I knew him for a long time but haven't ever really hung out with him other than in school.
It was a usual school day; I walked into Calum's house one morning, dropped my school bag on the floor, and instantly went and laid down on his couch till he was ready to go. A couple minutes later I heard footsteps and looked up to see a groggy Calum fumbling down the stairs.
"Hi Cal" I said getting off the couch and walking over to my bag. "Goodmorning" he replied, giving me a tired smile while yawning.
"Why so tired?" I asked while chuckling at him.
"I stayed up playing video games online with Michael all night." he said yawning once again while grabbing a banana. "BYE MUM" he yelled while opening the door.
"BYE" she yelled back at us just as we walked out.
"I heard your parents last night." ( not in a dirty way!) he said not wanting to make eye contact with me as we walked down the side of the rode. I looked down at my feet like I did every time he brought this up. "Why didn't you come over like you usually do when they fight?" He asked looking at me now and giving me the uneaten half of his banana.
"Cause they were downstairs in the kitchen so I had to go past them to leave. I didn't want to just walk out of the house while they were like that without saying anything." I said looking up at him and taking a bite.
"Oh" was all he said.
"Gosh. I don't understand how they can be like this all the time! They've been fighting since my dad lost his job since we were what? Twelve?" I asked waving my banana in the air. Calum nodded while dodging the flying banana. "How do they fight about the same thing over and over for two years?!" (Yes we were 14 at the time)
Calum just shrugged his shoulders and gave me a sympathetic look. "Wow your a lot of help" I said teasingly .
"Hey! How am I supposed to answer that!?" He said defensively.
I giggled, "You know I'm kidding" I said rolling my eyes. He stuck his tongue out at me in return. We walked in a comfortable silence for a while just watching cars passed by until he broke it.
"Hey you know Michael?" He asked turning to me.
"Clifford? Yeah you talked about him earlier."
He nodded "Well I invited him to hang out at my house after school with us today."
"You want me to hang out with you guys?" I asked looking at him.
"Yeah. Why not?" He asked.
"Well don't you guys want like 'bro time'?" I said making air quotes.
He laughed "Who cares? It's only you."
"Wow thanks!" I said sarcastically.
He rolled his eyes "You know what I meant."
"Yeah. I'm in." I said laughing.
"K cool." he said smiling.

//I know it might b a little confusing, but it's still sorta the backstory for the main part thingy