Chapter Three

Asdfghjshsjs woah nearly 100 reads and it hasn't even been a week since i started this. It might not seem a lot but to me it is. Thank you so much! Once again I'm using my iPod to write this so sorry for the mistakes. Also the app doesn't let me write in italics so the * is a dairy entry.

edit - I changed the diary into italics on my laptop, so the stars are no longer there and mistakes have been corrected.

________________________

PHIL'S POV

After class finished I stood up and picked up my bags. When I turned around there was Dan starring right at me.

"Can I eat lunch with you?" He asked. He was so innocent I couldn't say no, but I didn't want him to beaten up by Jordan and Sam, but I also didn't want to say no and be alone.

"Sure," I knew something was going to happen. We walked out of the class and into the canteen, it was jam packed with kids scoffing their faces with food. We got out lunch and we chose a table to sit at; the one by the window.

"So, do you have any friends you sit with?" Dan asked causally not knowing that I get bullied.

I hesitated and then said, "no" it was a simply answer but a sad one.

"Oh, why not? You seem like a nice guy, I would even consider you as a friend," Dan said taking a bite of his sandwich. The word 'friend' gave me butterflies in my stomach. I had never had a friend before.

"Um...well..." I didn't really want to tell Dan, but I would have to at some point. "You see-" I was cut off by Jordan.

"Hey look! Gay boy got himself a new boyfriend!" He shouted pointing at Dan. I could see Dan's face drop at the insult that had just been thrown across the room. I could tell that he had figured it out. He would never want to be friend again. He would think I'm a disgusting creature that deserves to rot away, alone.

"What is your problem?" Dan said. Was he standing up to them? "Why don't you leave Phil alone? He's not gay and I'm just his friend." He really had no idea.

"Ooo hard men are we? Hows about we teach you a lesson," Jordan said walking up to Dan. I felt hopeless. Knowing that Dan was about to beaten up and I couldn't do anything about it. Jordan grabbed Dan's collar and pinned him against the wall. He wriggled about to get free, it was no use.

"Let me go you bastard!" Dan yelped.

"Tut tut such filthy language, looks like we will have to teach you a lesson, not just on your choice of words but your choice on who you hang out with," and with that Jordan thumped a fist into Dan's stomach, winding him.

"Gah!" Dan cried at the pain. Jordan threw Dan back into his set and left laughing.

"Are you okay Dan?" I asked hoping he didn't hate me. "I'm sorry this happened to you. I should of told you sooner, if you don't want to be my friend that's fine. I-" I was cut off by Dan.

"Phil don't be silly. I will still be your friend and just between you and me. I'm used to it," he said looking up at me, winking. He's used to it? I'm guessing Dan has a back-story, and not a good one.

School ended and me and Dan walked back together. We managed to doge Sam and Jordan so that they wouldn't beat the crap out of us.

"Can I ask you a question?" Dan said not looking up.

"Sure," I allowed, praying that it was nothing to do with what Jordan said.

"When Jordan said 'gay boy' was he joking or are you gay?" Dan asked. Shit. The one question I didn't want it to be it was. Well he was going to find out at some point so I might as well tell him now.

"Yes," I said almost ashamed. "You?"

"What?"

"Are you gay?"

There was a pause and then he said, "I'm bi, so yes."

Were my ears playing tricks on me? Did I hear Dan right? He was gay too, well bi....but still!

"Cool, and about the boys at school," I said. "They have been bullying me for years and I'm really sorry that-"

"Phil I said I'm used to it." Dan said looking down at the floor. "Um...my house is this way, I'm guessing yours is the other way," Dan said gesturing to each dictation. I nodded. "Okay well I will see you Monday." And with that he went the other way.

I pulled down the handle to let myself in and then I remembered. I'm home alone this weekend. I reached into the bottom my bag to find my keys. Once I let myself in I plonked my bag down and made my way into the kitchen. I was hungry but not hungry. I couldn't stop thinking about Dan and how he said; I consider you as a friend; I'm bi; Can I have lunch with you? They were things that I didn't think anyone would say to me.

I closed the fridge and picked up my bag and walked upstairs to my room. Throwing my bag down I made my way to my desk and planted myself into my chair; spinning around. I was bored. Glancing around I noticed the journal, picking up a pen I began to write.

 Hey there, today walking to school this gorgeous looking boy called Dan Howell came up to me. He asked to walk with me. We ended up in the same class, it was a dream come true I finally had a friend. But of course all good days have to have some bad. Jordan came up to use and punched Dan. I swear to God I could kill that kid! Why? Why was I a target and now I have brought Dan down with me. I'm such a screw up. But Dan did say that he was Bi so that balanced the day back out. He did also say "I'm used to it." Why was he used to getting hit? I hope he's okay. I think I love him...but it's too early to tell.

I closed the book and slumped onto my bed. I think I must of fallen asleep because the next thing I knew I was dreaming about Dan crying. No, this wasn't a dream. Dan was standing in my room sobbing his heart out.

_______________________

Dun dun dun dunnnnnn!!!!!

Just to let you know...I'm writing this as I go alone so I have no idea what's gonna happen next...I have also noticed my chapters are short...sorry about that.

Remember vote, comment and follow.

Till next time, bye. ^_^