Chapter 2

"We're here" Uncle William said.

I could see on his face that he hated this town. His wife left him because he wanted to become a truck driver and always be on the move, she left him with Micha and me about three years ago. It was hard for him taking care of a two year old and an 13 year old while working.

"Where's the house daddy?" Micha said.

" We will be there soon" Uncle William responded.

"Are we going to see mummy?" Micha asked.

It took a while before he said maybe. We drove a mile or two we entered a driveway of a big house.

"Is this my old house?" I said.

"Yeah, your parents gave it to you in they're will" Uncle William said

I remember the house vividly, what I remember is the family meals we had everyone would ask each other about their day.I felt a tear drop down my face,I wiped it away before anyone saw it. We took the luggage out of the truck and entered the house, I went straight to my old room, still painted with baby pink with all my old toys and teddy bears on my bed. I stood there crying.

"Addi? " Uncle William said.

"I'm okay" I said but my tear stained face says otherwise.

"Daddy" Micha called.

"I will be there soon" Uncle William responded.

"You should probably go" I said
placing my bag on the bed.

"Come here!" Uncle William said and opened his arms. I rushed into it and cried.

"Addison, you know your parents loved you" Uncle William said.

"I know" I said.

"And they would like it if you stopped mourning them and live your life " Uncle William said.

"I am not crying for them I'm crying for myself about the fact that I will have to live the rest of my life without parents" I said.

" It will all be okay" Uncle William said and went towards Micha's new room.

I sat on my bed and sobbed,after a while I got up and started unpacking and later fell asleep.
***************
When I woke up the sun was setting which means it was 6 or 7. I could hear a male and a female voice downstairs. I went downstairs to investigate it.

"Hi Lillian" I said to my ex aunt. She had red curls on her head.

"Addison" Lillian said sending me a sideways glare then going back to my Uncle.

"So why are the two of you arguing" I asked

"None of your business" Lillian said. She was clearly angry but seriously what did I do?

"Lillian wants to take Micha away" Uncle William said.

"Why?" I said. I took a banana off the counter and started peeling it.

"She is my daughter and I have missed 3 years of her life, I don't even think she remembers me" Lillian said.

"She asked if we will see you when we decided to come here" I said.

"She did?" Lillian said a sign of hope flashed across her face.

"Yes, but that doesn't give you the right to come and take her, you left Uncle William because he wanted to go around america without having to pay much so he became a truck driver and you illegally divorced him" I said.

"What do you mean illegally?" Uncle William said.

"I am technically still your wife, we haven't signed any document that shows that we are divorced" Lillian said.

" And I know you both still love each other so just move in Lillian"I said. I take a huge chunch of the banana.

"But........" Uncle William begun.

"If you won't do it for yourselves do it for Micha" I said and left them to think about all that I said.

I go back to my room and start to unpack. I wasn't rude, was I?
Oh well, they needed the push anyway. I pack my old dresses into a box to create space for my new ones. I have to go shopping. ASAP.

"Is that mummy downstairs?" Micha appeared in my room. She had a tendency of doing that.

"Yep" I said as I sat on the floor. She joined me.

"Are you okay?" Micha asked "You were crying"

"I'm fine" I kissed the top of her head and pilled her unto my lap, her head under my chin. "I am totally fine"