chapter 7

It's been two weeks since I spoke to Carla, Mandy has become close friends with Carla and it makes me mad.

"Can you get the mail?" Uncle William said.
I go out and see the mailman putting our mail in the mail box. I greet him and take the mail.

"Bills, bills......... Letter" I sort out the mail. There is a letter for me from Carla. I want to toss it but curiosity made me open the envelope. 

It read;

Dear Addison,
You don't answer my calls and don't reply to my messages so I have to actual write a letter. Anyway, I did a little digging and found out that your mom and my mom used to be best friends. Insane right? My uncle, the designer, used to date your mom but they broke up when your mom became a teen sensation. Her boss forced her to do it because my uncle was a tailor. When they broke up, my uncle took his career to the next level and he became the biggest designer in the world he went back for your mom but she had moved on, she broke his heart. After she dump the guy she was dating my uncle thought this was his chance to win back the love of his life but she went to your dad. So this whole thing is for revenge. Please call so I can explain better.
Carla

I stop halfway to my room to get my phone but I stop. Should I trust Carla? 'She's your best friend' A voice said in my head and I grab the phone before I change my mind.

"Hey" Carla answers the call.

"Why is your family having revenge on mine?" I asked.

"Your mom crushed my uncle, he did not design a clothing line for a year and a half. He was broke and nearly killed himself. They believe your mom destroyed the family name and nearly made their son a hobo." Carla explained.

"But he is okay now" I said 

"His heart and mind are not okay though he is still a great designer" Carla said.

"It's nice talking to you again" I said.

"I missed you" Carla said.

"You and Mandy have become really close" I said.

"Something good came out if this fight" Carla laughed and I joined in.

"How are we going to stop this?" I asked.

"We have to look for my uncle so next week during the break we can go to New York" Carla said.

I'll have to convince my uncle but that shouldn't be hard.

"Alright, bye" I said.

"Bye" Carla said and cut the line. 

At dinner, I asked Uncle William if I could go to New York with Carla. He asked if it was safe and I said no one knew I was going with Carla and I was going to be safe. He already planned that we leave Texas together for the break. I felt really bad for cancelling the trip but I tell him to go without me. I later found out that Lillian was coming, but someone is trying to kill me so I don't have time to be a bridge between two adults who love each other, but are too scared of what the other would say, to admit it. I have my own problems to think about. Sorry Uncle William but saving my life is much more important than your love life. Because I can't say all this to his face I simply say, it will be like a family holiday, and he smiles.
So it is settled I am going to New York with Carla and Mandy.