Chapter 23: The Spirit of Revenge

Tomas stared into the cold gloom as the black carriage disappeared into the mist. The crowds of people dispersed and attended there daily jobs around the streets, Elmond walked over to Tomas, "Sir, why did you do that, you will surly die on those hills in the marrow!" Elmond exclaimed, "if I die I die, if I win, then I finally with avenge myself and James." Tomas stated with a cold voice, "Tomas I have been your apprentice for months now and you have taught me many things, you are wise for your age and I fear for your life, granted you can beat any man on the stallion in sword play, but the count? He is to great a match for you!" Elmond said, "what do you know of the count, boy, we've been here only a handful of hours, I've witnessed his rule before and it must be ended!" Tomas said in a fit of rage, he began to walk with Kanan lout I the street to end the argument. Elmond walked behind him sadly, "he's a fool" Elmond muttered.
"Were are we going, tom" Elmond asked as Tomas walked past the outskirts of town and began to climb up a cobblestone street leading up to a foggy hill hidden in the afternoon light. "My old shop" Tomas said, "your always so quite." Elmond stated, quite in charioteer, Tomas didn't answer. The fog surrounded them as the sillier the of a dark and old house stood win the mist, all the sudden the mist began to slowly part as the blacksmith shop became more and more visible, the two reached the top of the finally as Tomas stood at the front of his shop, it was in minor disrepair, the door had several cracks in it and all the windows looked cracked and  shattered. Tomas walked closer and he slide his ruff finger along the outside furnace as he walked into the open tarp of his workshop Elmond followed, setting his coat on the peg, Tomas sat down at his chair to pet his dog, everything was as it was the day he left, he walked over to the anvil and touched it, he looked over to the wall that had his hammer covered in webs still hanging there. "This place is amazing, is this were you'll teach me?" Elmond inquired, "I have taught you most of what you will ever need to know, yes this is the place, when I am spent, this place will be yours, my apprentice." Tomas said patting his hand on his back.  There was a few moments of silence before Elmond inquired, Tomas how will we fight the count his is trained in such arts, your chances are slim, sir, we don't even have weapons to fight him with!" Elmond said throwing a dusty peace of metal on the ground. Tomas stared at Elmond with a cold stare and walked over to a rusty pile of tools, he pulled away a plow and brushed aside a few axes and old equipment to reveal a large wooden box with go golden letters marked into it, Tomas blew the splinters and sawdust of the old box, the cover read, 2nd English dismounted cavalry, royal army, " "what is it" Elmond asked, "it was "my father's" Tomas said opening the tattered box. On the side if the Compartment it read "British standard issue, 4th infilltry", under the inscription was the king'a seal. Tomas stared at this old box, one of the last memories of his father, and solemnly opened the box, it appeared to not have been open for years and dust seeped like mist out of the interior, Tomas brushed aside badges and papers to look into the box, on the inside was a long, double edged dueling sword with a intercut hilt carved from gold with a horse's head showing from shinning metal. under it rapped in linen was a short dagger with a lions head as the butt of the hilt. Elmond stood in amazment as his eyes gleamed tears the untouched steel that he looked apon, "it was my fathers and I would be proud to die with this sword in my grasps as I lay dieing." Tomas said, unsheathing along with his dagger into his old hide belt. Tomas then place the box on work-bench and opened his voyage door to retreat into his living room, Elmond stayed to accustom to his new work place, Tomas laid down on his arm chair and began to drift off.
Tomas woke with a jolt and looked at his old coo coo clock to show it was getting late and his duel was soon, tomorrow, he could here Elmond banging a hammer against the anvil, he could here the birds earl long outside, he bagan to sweat as fear overtook him an he panicked about the duel, "what if I die? ", "what I I've suffered for nothing" Tomas paced the wooden floors of his cabin in deep thought, he eventually stopped, and sunk into his chair, "if I die I tried, but if I die  James dies with me, I must pervale!" Tomas walked outside to his well and over to his kitchen table to drink a glass of water. Elmond walked in and hung his hammer on the wall, he sat down and began to talk to Tomas After this he felt a great deal better, he sat there next to his apprentice, he was ready for the final battle.