Chapter 3

Amber P.O.V.

The boys looked confused as we bolted away running as fast as our legs could go, we knew we had to run to the closest exit. I would like to say we ran beautifully, but that was not my case. As soon as I took my first step I fell flat on my face. I quickly scrambled up and sprinted after Emily, by then most of the boys had noticed and were after us. She was fast. Like a cheetah sprinting, running so fast no one could catch up to her. Except I was slow. It was easy for Minho to catch up to me. It was not easy however for him to hold me down. When he grabbed my arms I easily slipped out of his grasp before flipping him over. "how did you do that" Minho gasped, clearly out of breath. "I don't know" I yelled over my shoulder as I made an attempt to catch up to Emily. 'Wait where did Emily go?"I looked around to see her lying on the floor tackling Gally he straddled her before knocking her out cold with a shovel.

"What the hell did you do?!" I yelled angered by the sight I saw before me, a smile was obviously plastered on his face. "Are you okay?" I ask him when I see his arm it was clearly severely dislocated.

"Okay, I'm gonna pop that bloody arm of yours back into place. On the count of three" I said with confidence in my voice. "1". Without warning him, I pushed down.

"What happened to 2,3?!" I heard Minho say from behind me.

"2,3" I said as I ripped some of my shirt off to make a sling for him. I felt him grab my waist and try and pull me away after I had finished.

"Let the Med-jacks take him now" he whispered in my ear, his warm hands still ahold of my bare waist. I ran to Emily and knelt down beside her.

Emily's P.O.V.

When Alby left I knew it was time, I whispered watermelon to Amber and she didn't need to be told twice she started running before me but fell flat on her face. Me being selfish, I just ran for my life leaving her behind. I looked back at her she was back on her feet and running thankfully. I guess I just didn't see Gally run straight in front of me and I ricochet off him and fell on my back. He then began to tackle me, leaving scratches and bruises on my arms and face. I grabbed his arm before springing up from the ground and twisting he screamed he was really angry this time. He grabbed his shovel, I gasped "please no" I almost whispered. Then everything went black.I could only hear the hysterical laughing of Gally and a few of the others.

I woke up in a small room with a bed, chair and a nightstand, my vision was slightly blurry. I saw someone leave the room while yelling "someone get a med- jack" I recognised the voice it was Amber. Amber came back in with a boy who looked to be around seventeen years old.

"My name is Jeff and I'm a med-jack or in other words a doctor" he said.

"Okay" I mumbled "can I talk to Amber for a second?" He looked at me with a concerned expression but nodded before leaving Amber and I in the small room. As I tried to sit up I felt major pain running through my head and down my spine.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you. You've got major concussion so the best thing for you to do is rest." she told me. It looked like this was her comfort zone. Like all her life all she had done was help people. "I've also stitched a cut on you eyebrow and that's why it will be hard for you to see. The Newt boy seemed particularly worried about you. I think he likes you" she continued. "Minho gave me the tour and taught me the basics of this place. The boy who hit you is Gally. He's actually an okay guy, he's just been through something horrific" she ended with a deep breath.

"How long will it be until I get better" I asked, hating the fact that I needed to stay in bed.

"You could probably get up now if you're not in too much pain" she answered not even bothering to look at me. "Well I'll let you rest. I'll keep you company later" she trailed off as she began walking to the door.

"Thank you" I said as politely as possible after all she did for me. She nodded before leaving the room. I sat up and a pain rushed through my body like electricity. I cringed at the feeling. I was getting used to the silence when a wave of boys entered my room. I groaned out of pain and because they ruined my peace which annoyed me. This couldn't have gotten any worse until Gally walked in "rise and shine greenie" he said in his irritating voice. I glared at him before turning my attention to Alby.

"What's wrong?" I asked seriously, creasing my brow.

"It's time for the tour," he responded. Some of the boys that came in with Alby had left "Oh, and if you try something like that again, you will regret it, you are already going to be sleeping in the slammer for a week for your actions". I rolled my eyes then looked at Amber as if to ask should I trust him. She seemed to understand because she nodded.

"How can I trust any of you" I said as seriously as possible.

"How can you not" was all he said before he turned on his heel and left the room leaving Amber, Newt,Gally, Minho and another boy squished into the small room.

"Hi, I'm Thomas" the boy I didn't know introduced himself.

"Can I sharpen my knife on your jaw" I said as a joke. It seems that only Amber got it because she broke down in laughter while the others just stared at me.

"I'm sorry I think I still have concussion" I laughed a bit the rest of the boys laughed a little as well.

"Okay well apart of your punishment you have to go on your tour while you're hurt" Amber said sadly I groaned again. "Newt can you do it" Amber continued "I have to look after Ben because he got stung last night". I tilted my head in confusion "Newt will explain everything" she said.

"Okay um can you help me up" I chuckled.

Newt, Minho, Thomas and Gally were left "well I hope you feel better Emily" Thomas said gently, I smiled in response as he walked to the door Minho nodded and followed Thomas out.

"Please no" Gally mimicked me, my hand flew up to hit him but a pale hand grabbed it before it did any damage.

"Don't" was all Newt said before letting go. Gally left the room with a smirk plastered on his face. "You should calm down" Newt looked at me with a serious expression. I nodded and then sighed. "Let's go" Newt finally said.

My legs felt like jelly as I tried to walk at one stage I nearly fell but Newt helped me recover.

We somehow got down the stairs of the building I had been in and we got to the door.

AN

This will be all we are posting for the week as we are very busy but we promise there will be way more updates to come. We hope you are enjoying the story so far

- themazerunnerlovers21