5 days before the outbreak

"So how was your day at school?" My mom turns to my brother who had a mouthful of spaghetti in his mouth.

"blah..blah...gob...od...blurb." He attempts to speak but fails miserably.

"William." My dad says to to him in a 'if you don't behave I will physically eat you whole' tone.
Gulp
He swallows it all.
Then starts choking viscously spitting everywhere.

"Ew, you're so gross" I tell him whilst smacking him on the back to try and stop him from coughing up his lungs.

"Ahem. It was fantastic mother" He says in his 'posh' tone.
I snigger slightly.
My mom rolls her eyes at him.

"And how was your day sweetie?" She turns to me now.

"Well, it was absolutely marvellous, mother" Will and I laugh, and my dad smirks at us.

"May we be excused parents?" Will asks my parents. But we both go before they can even roll their eyes at our awful 'posh' accents.

I slide unto the living room to grab my school bag, but to my surprise I see Will, he was a few seconds in front of me, so this wasn't the thing that struck me. The thing that struck me was that he was watching the news. This is a very rare sight as Will doesn't do documentaries or the news.

"What are you doing watching the news?" I laugh at him.

"Come here" He tells me without looking away from the TV screen.
I walk towards him and notice him clutching onto the TV remote without moving. I sit next to him and look at the TV.

"Families are warned to keep their children inside at all times just in case this disease gets out of hand..."

My parents then come in.

"Will?! Are you watching the news?" My mom asks Will, shocked like I was.

"Shh!" we both whisper shout.
They sit down next to me and watch with us.

"The disease makes the brain think abnormally and not act like me and you, now this is nothing to worry about since it is only a short amount of people with this disease and they are all in the hospital now being treated. We have failed to find a cure yet but not to worry we won't stop until we do. But if you do see one of these people make sure to contact the number below. Thank you and goodnight."

The TV then goes to the adverts.

"Dad" Will says without taking his eyes off the TV screen.

"Is it the end of the world?"