The day of the outbreak (afternoon)

"Onwards and upwards I guess." Shaun says while we climb back into the car.

Will is the last one to shut the door and after he did, it was silent. Dad didn't even start up the car we just sat there in silence.

I think everyone was just in shock.

I can't quite believe what happened.

At the time I thought for sure I would be safe.

But now, I think, maybe I'm not safe anymore.

Those things are not going to stop for anyone or anything.

I could of died.

And I think everyone is realising that now.

After what seems like forever, dad starts the engine of the car and the sound fills the enclosed space with a loud roaring sounds and it is no longer silent.

Shaun gives us a nod from his car.

Onwards and upwards I guess.

A few hours go by and my dad stops the car.

I look out the window and see a bunch of people blocking another big gate.

Some of the people were pushing people away, making sure they couldn't get in.

They were in army gear and they had big guns on their backs and small ones in their pockets.

My dad opens the car door and stands up outside.

I don't think this was on the map.

"What do we do now?"

Will walks out the door but I was too busy looking at the people to notice.

I climb out the car and I'm immediately pushed onto the floor.

"Will!" I shout in shock.

"Please help me, you have to help me!" I look up and see a young girl about my age was the person who pushed me.

"Get off of her!" Will runs to me and I reach for his hand and he pulls me up.

"I'm so sorry, it's just, We've lost our parents." The girl replies and I realise the girl behind her.

She looked a bit younger than the other one.

"Erm, yeah, it's ok." I manage to speak some English.

"What's going on?" I turn around to see dad.

"Have you seen our parents?" The older girl asks my dad the same as she asked me.

Her hair colour was a misty blonde and it was put into a side plait with strands of hair coming out from the top of her head on both sides.

She also has dark brown eyes.

"Amber..." The younger girl taps on the older girl's shoulder.

"Not now, Kacey." She replies not looking behind her.

I look at Kacey and see she's looking at the gate.