Chapter 2:

Chapter 2:

** This chapter will be a bit longer than the first chapter and it’ll be quite boring. Sorry. Love you avid reader. ;) VOTE. COMMENT. ADD TO LIBRARY!!

The first three months were a blur; boring and uneventful. I walked out of the girls’ restroom. It was now November and as I walked alone in the hallways, because I insisted my friends to go to the cafeteria and find us a seat and look for the others as I pee, I could hear everyone buzzing about the school’s Halloween Dance: Night of the Couples. Uh huh. The theme of our Halloween dance was “Night of the couples”, so basically you have to find a partner, a girl or a boy, then both of you will come to the dance with the same costume or anything that goes together or are related like priests and nuns… as long as you have a partner with you, you can come. I planned on not going since I don’t have someone to go with and, well it’ll be on a Friday night so I’ll probably be lazy. I didn’t realize I have reached the cafeteria until I smelled the scent of a delicious baked macaroni. I sighed. They cooked baked macaroni, which is my favorite, for lunch when my mom decides to ask me to bring food. Wow. “Life is so unfair” I said rolling my eyes as I entered the cafeteria.

            I can hear someone playing the guitar somewhere in the cafeteria and girls are ogling over the guy playing. As I made my way to sit with my clique, I passed by the little commotion and paused for a minute to watch; and there he was; strumming his guitar strings suavely, while singing along a little with his friends was none other than John Young. His eyes were shut like he is feeling the music. I watched until they finished the song they were singing. When his eyes bolted open, his chestnut-colored eyes went straight to me. I stared at him for like a minute which felt like years, studying his face. When I met his eyes again, he gave me a warm smile. I can’t help but smile back; I was looking down trying to cover my red face with my long, black velvet hair so he probably didn’t see me smile back because I caught a glimpse of him frowning a little then talk to his best friend Rick..

            I started to walk again raising my head to go eat with my clique. When I reached our seat, all of my friends were giving me a different looks saying “oh this girl is dumb”, “it’s so obvious” or “you must be stupid”. I sat down next to Rose and Aira looking at all of them with a raised eyebrow chuckling.

“What?” I asked them while I was slightly laughing because of the faces they were giving me.

“Oh, girl. Don’t tell me you don’t know.” Alex snapped at me which was slightly funny because she said it like a black ghetto girl. “It’s so obvious!” Nica half yelled. “My God, Serena. You’re so blind!!” Mariel told me while pinching me once in the shoulder, a little hard may I say. They all said it at the same time I was so confused. Then all of a sudden, they were all snapping at me which was really hard considering I was sitting with 17 different crazy people. Yup, we were plenty alright. I tried ignoring them but they went on with that for one whole freaking minute I was starting to get a headache. OKAY, I whispered to myself.

I slammed my both hands over the table causing all seventeen freaking mouths to shut up and some of their foods jump up a little. I smiled, looking at their faces. They were all wild-eyed like their eyes were going to pop out of their faces and their lips were tightly shut. Then I laughed hysterically at them as they were smiling at me nervously.

“Okay you guys should’ve seen your faces,” I laughed. “It was like I was going to eat all of you!” I laughed harder. Some of them chuckled nervously while the rest all stayed quiet in their seats looking at me; probably still in shock.

“Well that would not be impossible, wouldn’t it?” Laissa retorted.

And with that, everyone started laughing. I was laughing too but I rolled my eyes ‘cause she just literally made fun of me. But it’s okay. We’re friends.