Chapter 5

Chapter 5:

      It has been decided people! The title to Perfect to Me’s sequel will be…drumroll…’Rewind’. I’m currently listening to Little Mix’s album and rocking out solo, so I thought, why the hell not update? I’ve missed you Wattpad! But mama cat’s back, kittens. No worries. Love, love, love you all SOOOO much!

            I lay awake in my bed, my cheeks sticky with dry tears. Harry was on my couch right now, after he’d informed me he wouldn’t be leaving me alone tonight, after the roller coaster of emotions we’d both just gone through. Numbly, I’d given up the argument, allowing Harry to crash on the sofa.

            I didn’t like to think about the fact that he was right outside my bedroom door. The thought of running out there to see him again was far more tempting than I’d anticipated. Maybe it wasn’t such a good idea to have my ex-boyfriend spend the night.

            I stared at the clock. I’d been lying in bed, wide awake, for an hour now. I could only imagine Harry, too, couldn’t sleep. I sighed in frustration, rubbing at my dried tears, which were seriously starting to make my cheeks itch.

            I threw the covers off of me, sitting up in bed, and finally giving in. My bedroom door opened silently, and I crept into the living room, feeling my way there, since it was pitch black. As I’d thought, Harry was wide awake, watching me from the couch silently. He looked concerned, but didn’t say a word.

            I sat on the ground beside the couch, drawing my knees to my chest, and resting my chin on them. “We’re insane.” I whispered.

            Harry chuckled, turning on his side, so he was facing me. “Yeah, pretty much.”

            I could hear the rain pounding on the roof, and the sound was eerily calming. Every once in a while, a bolt of lighting would illuminate the room, and I could see how solemn Harry’s face was now. He wasn’t in a joking mood anymore.

            “What happens now?” 

            Harry reached out blindly to grab my hand. I allowed him to take it, sighing as I gave in. He pressed my small hand to his lips, his warm breath making me tremble slightly. Finally, Harry said, “What can we do?”

            “How do we just…go on like this? When we so clearly aren’t over one another?”

            “I don’t know.”

            I closed my eyes, breathing slowly and deeply. It was incredibly hard to face the fact that no matter how much Harry and I loved each other, we couldn’t be together. Whenever we were together, we fought, I cried, Harry walked out, cheated on me, then the cycle repeated. We just didn’t…work.

            I recalled the words we’d spoken earlier that same evening. Harry had been so honest. Now it was my turn.

            “Harry?” I asked timidly, my voice quiet.

            Thunder rumbled in the distance, and Harry responded, “Yeah?”

            “Do you remember the week last summer we spent at the beach?”

            I was thinking of that particular week because of the fact that Skylar was actually going to that same beach. Funnily enough, she had no idea it was the place I’d lost my virginity to Harry. It was a special place that held many dear memories.

            Harry chuckled, and I could tell he was blushing, despite the darkness. “Of course. How could I forget? You were so shy; so…innocent.”