Chapter 31

Chapter 31:

          Isn’t it funny that my hair only behaves when I’m home alone. Like, around no people. Where no one can notice. Does anyone else’s hair behave in such a shitty fashion? Damn it all.

            I hate it when people text you and you just wanna freaking sleep.

            “You sure you’re ok?” Harry was still holding me close to his chest, his worried gaze looking me up and down quickly. “We could go to the doctor if you want to.”

            I put a hand on Harry’s chest. We were just leaving the tattoo parlor, and we’d decided (I’d decided) to walk down to the nearby Mexican place. Harry was convinced that I had the flu, and it wasn’t just the needle phobia that had made me nauseous. It was trying my patience, the way he worried so much.

            “Harry, I’m feeling extraordinary. Now breathe. I’m fine.”

            He resumed walking, reaching for my hand, which I gave to him. We reached the Mexican restaurant. It was still early, but I felt bad that I’d had such a large breakfast, and Harry had had nothing.

            Harry opened the door for me. “I’m sorry,” he said, his cheeks reddening slightly.

            “What for?” As far as I was concerned, Harry had done nothing wrong. I was taken aback by his apology.

            “I’m so fucking overbearing sometimes. I piss even myself off.”

            “Harry, don’t beat yourself up for now reason.”

            We quieted when the hostess greeted us. “Table for two,” Harry told her in his low, gravelly voice.

            The hostess visibly blushed at Harry. Blushed. She batted her eyelashes at my boyfriend, and said, “Hmm.” What the hell was that supposed to mean?

            “Jesus,” I muttered under my breath.

            Harry glanced at me. “What?”

            I shook my head. “Nothing.”

            The hostess already had two menus in her hand, as if she had known we were coming five minutes ago. “Would you prefer a booth or table?”

            Harry shrugged. “Something more...secluded, would be lovely.”

            I noticed how her face fell when Harry implied we wanted privacy. She clearly wanted a shot with him. Reluctantly, she asked, “How about something towards the back? We aren’t very busy today, so no one’s eating there.”