Chapter 32

Chapter 32:

          I don’t think you realize how much ‘Diana’ touches my fucking heart. I have sobbed over that song so many times now. When it was first leaked, I almost had a heart attack, ok? Do you get it now??? I feel it so hard, like on a spiritual level, if you’re picking up what I’m putting down.

          PS. Ok so that is Skylar (Blake Lively) on the side. That's how I picture her in the story.

            There was a letter waiting for Harry when we got back to his flat. Unsurprisingly, it was from some important sounding lawyer, who was supposedly representing ‘Mr. Zayn Malik’ in the court hearing against Harry. I only knew these things from the brief period I had the letter in my hands, as Harry snatched it away from me as soon as he realized I was reading it. Protective as ever.

            “Harry, this isn’t something you can ignore anymore,” I told him, my voice still shaky from the frightening news. “He’s gotten the law involved now.”

            Harry rolled his eyes, and threw the opened letter in the waste bin, flexing as he did so. “Babe, don’t worry that pretty little mind over my problems. It’ll all work itself out. I swear.”

            “How can you be sure?” I grabbed the letter from the bin, and began reading again. “Look, Harry. It says here that you face the possibility of jail time for up to seven years. Seven fucking years, Harry!”

            “I’m begging you, Kels, stay out of this. It’s my business, and I swear, I will handle it.”

            “Do you even have a lawyer?”

            Harry rolled his eyes. “I don’t need a lawyer. Zayn wants to take me down himself. There’s no way he’s going to actually get the authorities involved with his pride, and do you know how much illegal business Zayn’s got brewing himself? He doesn’t just smoke the weed, love. He sells it.”

            I needed to sit down. This was all too much. It wasn’t just me who would loose Harry if he went to prison, which was something I’d had to think about before. Harry’s dark past, filled with way too many assault charges, had been full to the brim with close calls. He’d just barely managed to get out of jail time several times. But now, there was absolute proof to Harry’s crimes, and they were a hell of a lot more serious. And the fallout would include not only me loosing him, but Darcy loosing her father, as well.

            “Harry, you cannot go to prison.” I sank onto one of his couches, resting my head in my arms, and trying to keep my breathing steady, even though I was verging on panic mode.

            My boyfriend crouched beside the couch, taking me in his arms. No matter how much trouble we were in, I could always find comfort when I inhaled his smoky, minty scent. “Kels,” he said into my neck, “You don’t need to worry about me.”

            I shook my head. “But I can’t help it. He filed a lawsuit, Harry. This is serious.”

            “And I will take care of myself. But you, Princess, are staying out of this. I don’t want you to be tried as an accomplice, or for withholding information. You won’t ever have to lie for me, because you will not be called in to testify.”

            “But Zayn knows we’re joined at the hip.”

            Harry began rubbing large, circular patterns into my back, in an attempt to console me. “But, baby, he won’t touch you if he values his life.”