Chapter 30

Chapter 30:

              My sister is keeping me up.

            Get off the damn phone. Doesn’t your boyfriend need to sleep ever? Seriously. It’s getting really annoying. At first I thought it was all cute and shit, but I AM TIRED OF IT.

            Ok, my ranting is done. Happy reading, my beauties.

            Harry insisted on calling Jared to tell him that I would not be coming in to work Tuesday morning, even though I was feeling perfect. I hadn’t gotten one little scratch in the wreck, but Harry was still acting like I’d just barely escaped death. It was getting to the point of ridiculousness. He wouldn’t even let me eat at the kitchen table. Instead, he made breakfast, and brought it to me on a tray while in bed.

            “Honestly?” I asked, trying to disguise my chuckling as coughing.

            Harry looked dead serious as he placed the steaming food over me. “Yes, Princess. You were just in a car accident that was my fault. Do you best to humor me for the day, won’t you?”

            I kissed his cheek and smiled. “Thank you ever so much for the breakfast.’

            “That’s more like it.”

            He jumped onto the bed, too, resting his face in his hands, and watching me as I shoveled forkfuls of scrambled eggs into my mouth. The hot food stung going down, but I was too hungry to be a patient person, and wait until it cooled down. Occasionally, Harry would steal something from my tray, but, for the most part, he just stared at me with those unblinking green eyes.

            “What?” I asked, swallowing a mouthful of bacon.

            He furrowed his brows, signaling he didn’t understand.

            “Why are you just staring at me?” I asked, momentarily putting down my fork. “Didn’t you make any breakfast for yourself?”

            “Shit. Knew I forgot something.”

            “Harry,” my tone suggested I didn’t want sarcasm right now.

            He shrugged. “Not hungry is all. And I’m watching you because you are beautiful and I love you. I never tire of seeing that gorgeous face.”

            Just because he said that, I chewed with my mouth wide open, and crossed my eyes. “Yeah, I’m just lovely, aren’t I?”

            “Shut up, Princess. You are perfect in every single way.”

            I poked Harry’s stomach, then allowed my finger to travel upwards, until I reached the spot I knew housed the ink of his butterfly tattoo. It was, or so Harry claimed, a drunken mistake that he wanted desperately to get removed. I, however, loved it desperately, and refused to let him actually go through with the removal process. I traced the ink slowly.