Chapter 12

Chapter 12:

          Hey buttercup. So, Rewind has a theme song now! Whoop, whoop! It’s a beautiful song called ‘Demons’ (I’m sure you’ve heard it, if you don’t live under a freaking rock) by Imagine Dragons. Still undecided on one for Perfect to Me, so suggestions are much appreciated. Hasta luego, muchachos!

            Well, rich Harry was extremely fun.

            Excuse me if that sounds extremely shallow, but I’ve never had a huge sum of cash, and being able to go all out in celebration of my new job was exciting. Harry decided the appropriate way to celebrate, was a series of fun events to occupy us the entire day. Stop numero uno: laser tag.

            I admit it: my first thought was Whaaaaat? However, Harry knew exactly what he was doing, and he knew I’d love it. With an excited smile shot my way, Harry led me into the darkened room, where we both got our gear. He winked. “I hope I don’t upset you when I kick your ass.”

            “Arrogant, aren’t we?” 

            I caught sight of the dimples I loved so dearly on Harry’s cheeks. “I guess I’m just used to winning. Plus, you’re a rookie.” He smirked. “Face it, Princess, you’re going to lose.”

            “Don’t be so sure, Styles. I’ve been an underdog before.”

            I mock saluted the curly-haired boy, before slyly sneaking off into the maze of walls for hiding behind. When I looked back, Harry had vanished. My heart beat quickly, the game giving me an adrenaline rush. Where was Harry hiding?

            I snuck around, keeping my head low, and ducking behind a wall at the slightest noise. Harry hadn’t been lying when he said he was going to kick my ass; how could I beat him when I couldn’t even find him?

            And then, all of a sudden, I heard a low chuckle. I whipped around, and found myself face-to-face with Harry himself. He gestured to how I was crouched down, searching everywhere frantically. “I tried as best I could to be quiet, and not get caught. However, you, Princess, are just quite the picture right now.” He pulled out his phone and smirked as the camera flashed.

            Mortified and a bit angry at the insult, I aimed my laser-gun at Harry, hitting him with light on his chest. He smiled, took a bow, then told me humorously, “Good job, my lady, at taking advantage of the enemy. I see you’re learning.”

            While he talked, I continuously pressed down on the trigger, hitting Harry again and again. He didn’t even attempt to fight back, or get away. Instead, the annoying little twit decided to stand right out in the open, laughing loudly at me. Eventually, hitting him with light wasn’t enough for me, so I walked right up to the boy, and punched his chest as hard as I could muster.

            Harry stopped laughing. “Kelsie, what has gotten into you? That’s very unsportsmanlike.”

            I gave Harry the finger. “You not only let me win, which is a huge insult, but you also spent the entire time laughing at me, just because I was being careful.”

            Harry’s eyes danced with amusement as he asked, “Were you imitating a spy, Kelsie? Because I don’t think you’re really all that subtle.”

            “You jerk,” I shoved him, and began the short walk to the exit. Harry quickly caught up with me, and restrained me in his arms.

            “Shh, Kels, listen,” he whispered into my ear as I struggled to get away from him. “I really brought you here, because this small, dark room really turns me on.” I felt a pair of lips gently press down on the soft skin of my neck.