The road i walk.

I groggily woke up. My throat hurt and so did my arms. I sleepily looked up to see myself hanging by my wrists. I moaned in pain just as a door opened.

"Good morning my future lover. Care for anything to eat?" Jeen asked me with a light and amused tone. Suddenly my mind went into over drive. Perhaps if I act like I don't want to run away he'll let his guard down.

"How long have I been out?" I asked him as he walked closer and began unlocking the chains that held me. I just have to do what he wants for now. I'll find my way to escape sooner or later.

"About 3 days." He said in a husky voice. I fell down with a yelp when my legs didn't quite work to land on my feet.

"Sorry about that my love. I didn't want to be so cruel to you, but I couldn't take the chance of you escaping, now could I?" He asked me kneeling down to come closer to me.

"It's been three days? They didn't even try to help me! Why would I want to go back with them! They don't miss me! Only my abilities. That's all they've ever cared about." I told him bitterly. I was bitter at myself for saying those thing even though it was all a facade. He chuckled and claimed my lips with his own. I stiffened but eventually began kissing him back.

Though I was imagining a certain raven haired man in his place.

"I wouldn't dream of using you the way they have." He breathed when he pulled away. I looked at him with a faux sad expression.

"Do you promise?" I asked him. His eyes widened slightly.

"I will only care for you and keep you safe from them and your father or whoever works for him." He vowed in a serious tone. I gently wrapped my arms around him. He hugged back with almost desperation. Even though I was faking it, I still felt sick to my stomach touching anyone like this.

"Come on let's get you something to eat." He murmered as he picked me up bridal style. I still clung to his neck.

"I'm glad you finally see that they don't care for you the way I can. I'm sorry for sounding so ruthless with you when I took you, but I really will take care of you." He told me as we left the room. My eyes darted around quickly never staying focused in one thing for too long.

He set me down in a chair and walked away. I settled my gaze on a large window. I could see cars driving by so I knew we weren't too high up. Once I got some food in me and my strength I would use this window to go back to my beloved Spider. He came back with a plate of food. I didn't look at it, just dug in. It tasted horrible but I didn't care. My guess was that he didn't know how to cook.

He took the plate away from me and I heard the water turn on as my body started feeling okay again. I used the opportunity. It was now or never. I looked into the kitchen to see him washing a pot, my plate was still on the counter in washed. I had a short amount of time before he would come find me. I ran at the window and jumped through it. I didn't even wait to wince in pain. I just ran. I ran and ran and ran.

I could feel his aura behind me but ignored it as I pumped my legs faster then ever before. Using all of my training from my spiders to get as far from here as possible. I ignored the stares of the people and the aura behind me coming closer. Suddenly I felt a small aura coming at me quickly and new it was his ribbon and knives. I jumped up onto the roof a building and kept running. The aura behind me stopped. My guess is to collect the knives they embedded themselves into the wall where I had just been.

I didn't look back. Just kept going. I didn't have to dexterity that anyone else had and eventually found myself growing tired again. The aura started running after me again but was further behind and probably couldn't see me. I turned in my Zetsu and turned left down and ally before continuing my pathr from before. On the ground where he can't see me from the roof tops. I took another alley left and ran back before going down another alley. There I sat down and waited. I caught my breath. I breathed into my trench coat so he wouldn't be able to hear it so easily. His aura was still 3 long alleys over and far ahead of me. He thought I kept going straight. I dug around in my pocket and sighed in releif that my tracker was still there.

Chrollo gave it to me so he would always know where I was. It was off. I quickly pressed the button to power it on. Once it was on I pressed the sender signal option. It would send my location to Chrollo's phone immediately as long as it stayed on. I couldn't stay here much longer. He would realize he was following nothing sooner or later. I stood up on wobbly legs and began jogging down another alley and straight in my beginning direction. I smelt something rather tasty and stopped to see a door open. I looked in to see an elderly woman sitting in front of a television with a plate in her lap. I quickly walked behind her unnoticed and toward the kitchen. I got a cup and poured the curry into it. I got another cup for the rice and a spoon. I quietly opened the fridge and saw a jug of water. I grabbed it and quickly left her home.

I looked at my tracker and almost shed tears of joy when it said answered by Chrollo's phone number. I sat down in another alley down to silently eat the spicey curry and drink the entire jug of water. I felt myself being rejuvenated again. Using Zetsu contantlybwas tiring, but it was better now that I ate an actually filling meal.

I jogged again further away from the aura. It was closer now but not alarmingly close. He must have figured out I wasn't ahead of him. Ad long as I felt my steady pace, I gained more of a distance between us.

*
I waited for 5 hours, just jogging and stealing small amounts of food and water when I could. I could sense his aura along with two others. His was about 58 meters behind me. The two familiar ones of Chrollo and Machi about 32 meters to my right. I picked up speed and ran towards them. When I finally caught sight of Chrollo Lucilfer I felt like my chest was going to explode. I looked in my direction. His eyes went wide as I took in my smiling face. I knew I was probably filthy but it didn't matter.

"Chrollo." I breathed, still breathless from my constant jog and then full on Sprint. I ran at him and slammed myself against his chest. His arms went around me tightly, almost possessively. I took in his scent as best as I could before I felt myself beginning to drain of energy again.

"Just sleep Ryuk. I'll take care of you now." Was the last thing I heard. I made sure the never forget that calming and silky voice for as long as I lived.