Recall

Robin laid awake in the dark living room, Albert Spencer's words replaying in his head. Had the Merry Men not restrained him, he didn't doubt he would've torn the man from limb to limb. What right had he to debase what Regina and he had? To shame them for expressing their love? To shame her for it? And to use it against her, to question her ability to govern?

That fool will regret hurting our queen.

She laid curled up against his chest, eyes staring ahead blinking. Her energy had been spent unleashing her anger at Spencer on their living room. Robin was glad their boys were elsewhere for the night-Henry with Emma, Roland with the Merry Men-so they didn't witness their mother's fury. He had only stood out of her way, waiting for her to let it all out. When she collapsed, he caught her before she hit the floor and cradled her close.

He had put the living room back together from the couch, feeling drained himself from the energy he used to so with his magic. There were still a few things he needed to fix the old-fashioned way but they could wait until morning. For now, he needed to focus his remaining energy on Regina.

"I want to kill him," she said, voice hoarse from screaming.

"Line forms behind me, lovely. I believe you'll also have to wait until Emma and Mary Margaret are finished with him."

She laughed and he breathed out in relief. "Do you want to go to bed?" he asked.

"Yes, but I have no energy to climb the stairs."

"I can remedy that." He sat up, hooking his arm under her legs. When he stood, he held her bridal-style and he carried her up to their bedroom like that.

He realized this was the first time he had ever carried her. She was willing more and more to let him hold her, to let him give her comfort, but he had never once carried her like this. Not with her arms around his neck and her head against his chest as she closed her eyes, relaxing into his embrace.

This felt more intimate than anything they had done. Maybe it was because he knew he was one of the precious few who got to see Regina Mills like this-mask off, armor gone, and her emotions on display. That this strong woman was letting him help her, letting him support her, was a true honor.

He laid her on the bed and she kept her arms around his neck. "We have the house to ourselves," she said, voice low and sultry.

Robin chuckled, relieved Spencer hadn't robbed them of this. He cupped her cheek, shaking his head though. "You need sleep."

"I need you," she replied with a pout, sending heat coursing through him.

"Just close your eyes for a few hours. Then you can have your way with me in every room of the house, if you want."

She pouted more and all he wanted to do was kissing those plump, red lips. But then she sighed, snuggling into the bed. "Fine. I guess I can wait a few hours."

Chuckling, he kissed her forehead as he buttoned her shirt and slid it off her. She laid still as he next removed her pants, leaving her in her black bra and panties. Her eyes were closed and her breathing was evening out, meaning she was almost asleep.

Deciding against pajamas, he shucked his clothing until he was in his underwear as well. He pulled the blankets over them as he settled down for the night. Regina had fallen asleep and her peaceful expression was the last thing he saw before sleep overtook him.