Quest

Regina returned home, rubbing her neck. She had spent far too long hunched over her desk and every part of her body complained about its treatment. A groan escaped her as she tried to crack her back.

"Worked hard?" Robin's hands began massaging her shoulders.

As relief spread through her, she nodded. "Yes, I did. The body you left me didn't help."

Robin stopped his massage. "I didn't think anyone would find him so soon."

"His manager at the town dump went looking for him. And then I had to answer a lot of unpleasant questions," she said, turning around as she crossed her arms. "I told you I handled him."

"I know. But I would not feel safe with that creep lurking around, able to hurt someone else." He rubbed her arms. "Though I'm sorry you had to deal with shit from the townspeople."

She sighed. "They were easy to handle. But I didn't want you to do that to him."

"Really? Then why did you tell me that story?"

"Because we keep no secrets from each other," she replied. "It was something you deserved to know about. Especially because of what it led me to do."

She placed a hand on her womb but Robin took it into his own. His dark blue eyes met her brown. "And that's why I had to do what I did. Because he hurt you."

Robin pulled her into his embrace and she let herself be enveloped in it. Perhaps there was a part of her that had wanted him to punish the Sheriff. Maybe that's why she told him.

"Come on," he said, pulling away. "I have a surprise for you. Maybe it'll make up for the mess I left you."

She raised an eyebrow. "I doubt it. Unless it's burgers from Granny's because after a few days ago, I've really wanted one."

He opened the door to her dining room, revealing the table set for dinner. Two candles were light and a vase filled with black roses sat in the center. But their meal was Granny's famous burgers, complete with French fries for her and onion rings for him.

"Oh, you're good," she said, watching as he pulled out her seat. She gave him a quick kiss as she took, letting him push her in.

Robin took his seat across from her as she bit into the burger. The savory flavors of the flame-broiled beef, lettuce, onions, tomatoes, ketchup and mustard all mixed together in her mouth to create a pleasurable sensation she hadn't felt since...Well, since the night before when she rode Robin.

He smiled as he munched one of his onion rings. "Am I forgiven?"

"Almost," she replied. "But not quite there."

"Then how about my other surprise for you?" He pulled out a vial and handed it to her.

She frowned. "What is this?"

"I did some research and found the potion you used to make yourself barren. One of the other things I've been doing while you've slept is come up with an antidote." He pointed to the vial. "That's it."

Regina stared at the vial. She had made a potion that was supposed to be irreversible, never wanting to be used as a tool by her mother or anyone. How had he managed to do the impossible?

Why had he done it? Did he think she needed to be fixed? She met his eyes. "I'm not broken."

"Of course not," Robin said. "And this isn't to make you a mother. You already are one to Henry and Roland."