Chapter 4: The Council

That night, Delos was accompanied by Grace. He couldn't stop thinking about Jez. He couldn't get her out of his head. He remembered every little kisses, hug and touch. He also could remember all the fights they had, but they loved one another too much to say goodbye. He knew all he could do is break the rules to get his one true love back. He got up and ran outside. Grace was asleep, but at the sound of the door opening, she awoke and followed him. He ran and ran and soon enough, he changed again. But this time, he was running to go to the council. They did not particularly like Delos because he had broken one of the biggest rules. Never fall in love with a human. But he did anyway. But he was planning on making a proposal to the council. He ran and ran until he came upon an older building. It reminded Delos of a castle, a dark castle. As he came upon it, the big, heavy doors opened to allow him in. still in his wolf form, he entered. Grace was close behind him and yelled something like a warning, but Delos was too furious to make out what she was saying. He knew his way around, but a vampire approached him and caught him off guard. Delos knew who she was. Her name is Luciana and she was someone from the council. She was decent looking. Blonde hair, skinny, tall, and Violate eyes. "Why have you come here? State your business!" Luciana stated in a fighting stance. Delos looked at her. Then he bowed his head to show her he was not here for harm. Luciana loosened, and then she stood tall. She knew she was not threatened. "So why have you come here tonight Delos? And why so late?" Grace was behind him still in a battle pose, ready to fight. But Delos knew Luciana, as long as she does not feel threatened, she will not attack. He moved closer, taking a step then standing on two feet. But he was not human or wolf. It was as if he was trapped in a stage between. His fur melted off his body except for his shoulders and the tail that was still right behind him. His ears were still wolf ears. His snout had sunk into his human face, but he still had sharp teeth and his eyes were still the bright yellow of his wolf. He also still had razor sharp claws. But other than those features, he was practically human. He knew that this was the safest way to be in this area. He will still be able to attack and defend if needed, and he could hold a conversation. "I only came to seek guidance and help from you and the council." Grace moved beside Delos and whispered, "What are you doing? Are you crazy?" Delos gave her a look of disappointment. "Please trust me on this. I told you, I would do anything to get her back." Grace looked at him. Then slowly nodded in agreement. Luciana looked at them both then turned and started walking away. Delos and Grace followed behind.

They came upon a large door. As they approached it, it opened. They walked into a darkened room. At the back of the room, there were nine chairs. The one in the middle was the head of the council. Luciana stopped in the middle of the room and kneeled to bow. The woman that sat in the leader's seat stood and told Luciana to rise. "Why have you brought this criminal before me Luciana?" Before she could reply, Delos stepped forward. "Your Hines, please forgive me for intruding, but I have come for guidance and help. You once told me that if I ever needed anything, to come here. I have never needed anything until now. But now, I ask you as an old friend, please help me." Everyone was staring at Delos now. But he kept his gaze steadied on the woman. "Please Skylar. Please." At that moment, her eyes lit up, as if something inside her had just been awoken after a very long sleep. Then she shut her eyes and spoke. "Leave us to speak alone." Everyone but Skylar, Delos and Grace had left the room and it was now safe to talk. "Delos, I remember that I told you to let me know if you need something, but that was a long time ago. I can't always help you and-" Grace cut off her sentence. "Look, I know you don't know me very well and I know it has been a long time since you have been able to help Delos. But this is something that even you would have joy to be a part of. I know how much you have wanted to meet a Blue Fire." Skylar raised her head and her eyes practically changed colors. "But all the Blue Fires are gone! They are all extinct!" Delos waved a hand to calm her down. "No. there was one Blue Fire that survived that day. And that is who you all keep calling a human... she is the reason you all despise me so much. Because my lover is not human." He stopped himself from giving too much information. In a moment's notice, Skylar was falling backwards. Delos and Grace rushed over at the same time but it was Delos who caught her from hitting the floor. She had fainted. Grace ran to the door that leads to the hall. "Help! Someone get in here and help! Our leader has fainted!" Before she could blink, there were vampires everywhere. Delos looked up at Grace, who was back beside him, and then he allowed four vampires take Skylar to the healers. Grace allowed her hand to slip over Delos's shoulder. "I promise you that we will get Jez back. And she will be unchanged." Delos looked up and their eyes meet. Then he nodded slowly. He was still in his half and half form. Grace felt some fur still on his shoulders and it was soft. But instead of comforting him more, she pulled him up.