Chapter 11: The Truth

Jezibella walked over to the strange man so that she may speak with him alone. "Tell me. Who are you? What is your name?" The man turned to face her. "Jezibella, I am you brother, Camyu." He smiled at her and then Jez looked frightful. She started to step back slowly. "What? Did I say something?" Jez shook her head and opened her mouth to speak, but no words came out. She tripped over a stone and as she hit the ground, she cut her hand on a twig on the ground. Her blood slipped off her hand and dripped onto a flower, and with that, the animals went wild. Their ears started to twitch and they made noises that sounded as attack methods. A demonic echo arose from the sky, but no one could pinpoint the exact place. "Members of the clan of Blue Flames, now that you have your princess back, you can all die. I cannot allow you all to ruin my plans for the millennium." He ended his phrase with an evil laugh. Suddenly, the flowers all died and the ground began to shake. Jez became frightened. "What's going on? What's happening?" "Jezibella, get on your animal's back, they can lead us to safety!" Camyu had to yell it because the wind was blowing fiercely. Jez, along with the rest of them, mounted their animals and they took off for the sky. Camyu changed his expression and he looked calm. Like he was not afraid of what was going to happen. "You think you can beat us so easily. Don't you? Well. Think again!" His phoenix took off higher in the sky until their appearance disappeared in the clouds. Suddenly, a loud crash came from where Camyu had gone, followed by lightning. Jez was terrified, but then, the man on the snake spoke. "Do not be fearful princess. This is not the first time this has happened. Camyu has told you that the few that know of our existence are either our ally or our enemy. This is just an enemy. We will protect you. So do not be afraid." His voice was gentle and Jez decided that she can trust him. So, she nodded.

"Would this be a bad time to ask all of you names?" The eight of them spoke among themselves for a moment. Then the same man on the snake spoke. "No. this is the perfect time. We will introduce ourselves then our animals one by one. My name is Luko. And this snake is my animal. Just call him Miko." Jez nodded. "Luko and Miko. Very nice names." She finished with a smile. Then the woman on the owl coughed to get her attention. "My name is Waya and this owl is my animal Silver." The two girls on the horses spoke at the same time. "Hi princess Jezibella." They were the youngest, but they were mature and graceful. The one on the white horse spoke first. "My name is Kasai and this is Kiina." She patted the side of her horse's neck as she introduced her. Then the girl on the black horse spoke. "My name is Dema. And this horse is Kali." Then both the girls on horses' smiles at Jez and she smiles back. "I like those names." The girl on the tiger spoke next. "It is an honor to meet you princess Jezibella. My name is Rina and this is Leila. She is very nice and she loves to have her stomach rubbed." She ended with a small giggle and a nod. The griffin made a noise and it startled Jez. "And who would this be?" a young man that was ridding the griffin said, "My name is Dalio. And this is Echo. I am sorry if he startled you." Jez smiled. "Oh, it's quite all right." The blue bird and the leopard were the last two and from the sounds coming from the clouds, they did not have a lot of time to introduce their selves. But they made it. "Hi. My name is Luna. And this blue bird came to me in my time of need. I call her Alana." Jez nodded then the woman on the leopard spoke. "My name is Zoura and this is Shira." And as Zoura finished, they had all been introduced. Suddenly, Camyu was falling out of the sky without his phoenix. "Camyu!" Dema and Kali flew swiftly to catch him and they caught him right on time. They brought him to Jez. "Can you watch him until he awakes?" Jez nodded and took him. Luko looked at Jez. "Remember; do not touch the ground right now. Wait until we finish up here." Jez nodded and the rest of them took off to the sky as if they knew where to find the enemy. Jez was frightened to be alone, but she did not let that get to her head. Instead, she took care of her brother.

Thunder,lightning, shouts, and screams came from the clouds, but Jez could not figureout what was going on. Camyu was still unconscious. Suddenly, she knew what wasgoing on. The clouds above her parted and she could see everyone and a bigdemonic looking thing. It looked kind of like a dragon mixed with a red bird.But she could not tell exactly what it was. Something filled the air, a weight,and a heavy scent. What is this feeling?She could not fight the sudden urge that came over her. She had an urge to killand spill blood. Jez began to transform the same way she did when Drake had fedher his blood, but this time, other "accessories" were added. Instead of justher teeth forming into fangs and her nails sharpening to a point, a bushy tailsprouted out behind her, her ear sank into her head and became dog ears on topof her head, and black wings with blood red markings sprouted out of her back.Also, instead of her eyes turning a dark blue, they turned blood red. Amoragrowled and howled to the sky. Everyone stopped where they were, even the demonand looked down at Amora. Jez's wings started to flap and she was about to takeoff to the sky when Camyu grabbed her wrist. Their eyes meet. "Jez, don't dothis. Fight it. Please." Jez stopped flapping her wings and relaxed on Amora'sback. But then she closed her eyes and smiled. "I can't help it. That's theproblem. I can't fight it. So just this once. Let me do it." She opened hereyes and stared deep into Camyu's eyes as if she could see his soul. "No." Jezdid not listen to him and took off to the sky before he could catch her.