one

Charlotte's POV

"Alright class, stand in the front of the classroom so I can assign new seats." Mrs. Jacobs announced. Everyone groaned in response. I stood by the door, behind everyone not wanting to draw attention to myself.

As Mrs. Jacobs began assigning seats, the door flew open hitting me causing me to stumble forward. I made eye contact with the tall, tan guy wearing ripped black jeans and a drop dead shirt with a flannel over it.

He was really cute. He had a perfectly structured jawline, chocolate brown eyes, and hair that perfectly fell over his forehead. I know I would never have the chance to date him, or talk to him because I'm so awkward- and because of my size. I've always been heavier than everyone else. I've been teased, made fun of, and have been laughed at. Now I'm not saying, I was overly big, but compared to me, all the other girls in my school looked like sticks.

"Watch it." He mumbled, rolling his eyes.

"Oh s-sorry." I stuttered.

"Whatever." He said walking away from me.

"Charlotte Bentz!" Mrs. Jacobs called, "Your seat is here."

I walked over to the the desk and heard snickers from everybody and soft whispers. I took my back pack off and sat on my new seat.

I started putting my stuff on the table, then Mrs. Jacobs called Calum's name and directed him next to my seat.

"Fuck." I heard him say under his breath.

"Language please, Mr. Hood." Mrs. Jacobs said, glaring at him.

"I don't wanna sit here. I'm claustrophobic and can't breathe in tight places." Calum said, slouching down on his chair.

"Calum, that's not how you speak to a girl!" Mrs. Jacobs spoke, adjusting her glasses.

Calum rolled his eyes and took out his notebook from his backpack. Suddenly a girl walked in and she looked so perfect. She was skinny, curvy, she had light brown eyes, and brown hair with the tips of colored a faded shade of blue. She was wearing black jeans and a plain white t shirt.

Calum shot his head up towards her. He fixed his hair, sat up straight, cleared his throat and he started tapping his fingers on the table.

"Are you nervous?" I stifled a laugh, trying to make conversation.

"It's none of your business." He snapped.

"Sorry."

As the girl walked by, Calum tried making conversation with her. "Hey Alyssa." Calum spoke, but his voice cracked as he said her name.

"Stop trying, Calum." Alyssa playfully teased.

"Mrs. Brown, your seat is on the other side of the room." Mrs. Jacobs announced, sitting on her seat behind her desk. Alyssa made her way to the other side of the room, settling her stuff down.

"So you were nervous?" I laughed, taking my notebook out.

"No I wasn't!" Calum denied, writing on his paper.

"Yeah. You obviously weren't nervous." I sarcastically answered.

"Will you please stop talking to me?" He groaned.

I awkwardly nodded and got back to work.

+

School flew by so fast, I started walking home when I saw Calum playing soccer by himself.

He looked really good kicking the soccer ball. I don't know how I'm so attracted to him, but I'm just so attracted to him. He's honestly the only guy I have a lot of common with.

His favorite sport is soccer, my favorite sport is soccer. He likes the color blue, I like the color blue. He loves music, I love music and we both write songs. Did I also mention that I play guitar and he does too?

I was just only 5 minutes away from school so I didn't take too long to get home. When I got home both of my parents were drinking alcohol.

"Mom, dad it's only 3:25 and you're already drinking?" I asked, closing the screen door.

"Who gives a shit? We can do whatever the hell we want." My mom laughed, causing me to roll my eyes.

"Don't roll your eyes on your mom!" My dad said raising his voice, making me flinch.

"Sorry." I mumbled, making my way to my room.

I checked my phone hoping that I would receive a message from Calum even though he didn't have my number.