five

Calum's POV

School finally ended, I waited for Charlotte at the front of the school. I took my phone out and started scrolling through my social media.

It's been 20 minutes and Charlotte wasn't here. I started getting worried, but I saw her backpack on the ground not too far where I was.

I ran to where her backpack was when I saw Charlotte getting teased at. "Hey! Stop teasing her!" I yelled at the guys who were teasing her.

"Get the fuck out of my way!" I yelled, shoving the guys. The guys started walking away, I took Charlotte's hand, pulling her up. But instead, I fell down with her.

"Sorry." She muttered. She slowly stood up, finding her balance. She offered her hand, but I declined her offer.

"Let's go." I told her, making our way to my car. We were in my car and it was dead silence.

"Why did you that?" She asked.

"Because I can." I replied.

"But you call me fat all the time." She pointed out.

"Yeah, but that doesn't mean that I mean it." I answered, stopping on the red light. I turned on the radio to make the ride less awkward.

When we arrived at my house I instructed Charlotte to go to Mali's room.

+

Charlotte's POV

I walked down the hall and softly knocked on the door that had Mali's name on it. Moments later, her door swung open.

"Hi uh do I know you?" She questioned.

"N-No I don't think so. I-I uh I'm just a friend of Calum's." I stuttered feeling nervous.

"Oh." She smiled, "Well what do you need help with?"

"Oh, um well Calum was going to take me ou-"

"Oh my gosh! Are you going to be my little brother's girlfriend!?" Mali squealed cutting me off. She immediately pulled me into a tight hug. "Do you need help with anything? Clothes? Makeup? I can help you with anything."

I nodded. "I need to go shopping, that's why Calum directed me to you." I giggled.

"No problem. Let's head to the mall." Mali said.

In the car, Mali and I got to formally introduce ourselves. We talked about Calum and the kind of stuff he liked and what kind of outfit to buy. We finally reached the mall and began to look through the windows of each store we passed. I told Mali that I didn't know where Calum was taking me, and that I also knew nothing about the date.

"Dress to impress." She said with a smirk, pulling out a maroon strapless high low dress. I smiled at the thought of me wearing that.

"What's your size?" Mali questioned, looking at other dresses.

"Uhh-" Mali cut me off.

"You can tell me. I'm not gonna make fun of you, I used to be like you too." She smiled, making feel less nervous.

"I'm a size large." I answered.

"Oh. Alright." Mali replied.

We made our way to the dressing room and I started changing when I heard a knock on the dressing room door.

"Charlotte?" I heard Mali say.

"Yeah?" I answered.

"Are you done?" She asked. I unlocked the door and stepped out of the dressing room. She suddenly gasped making me worry.

"Why? What happened? Did I rip the dress?" I panicked.

"No, Charlotte." Mali laughed. "You look pretty." She added.

"Thank you, Mali." I replied.

"No problem! But I feel like there's something missing." She sighed.

"What is it?" I questioned.

"Let's top it off with a jean jacket." She smiled, handing me a dark jean jacket. I put it on making me a little more comfortable, since I'm not showing that much of skin.

"Do you like that?" Mali questioned. I nodded.

"Okay, then let's pay for it." She giggled. I went back in the dressing room and started changing to my other clothes. I finished changing and we finally made our way to the cashier. I opened my body bag and started looking for my wallet.

"Shit." I said under my breath. "What's wrong?" Mali asked.

"I don't know where my wallet is." I told her.

"It's okay, Charlotte. I can pay for it!" She offered.

"No it's okay. Let's buy a cheaper dress." I suggested, walking away from her.

"Charlotte! Come back! I'm paying for it!" She yelled.

"Nope, I'm looking for another dress." I said.

I wandered off the another area of the store looking through the racks of dresses. Moments later, I felt someone tap my shoulder. I turned around and Mali was standing in front of me with a bag in her hands.

"Now it's time for shoes." Mali smiled.

"I still need a dress." I told her.

"It's right here" Mali laughed holding up the bag, "Now let's get moving so you aren't late for your date with my brother." Mali said taking my arm.

We walked into every shoe store then finally agreed on a simple pair of black flats.

"I'll pay you back later." I told Mali.

"You don't have to." She giggled, handing the flats to the cashier.

"Are you sure?" I asked her.

"Yep. I'm sure." She replied.

+

A/N: hulloh! it's ria && jaylyn here!! So the next update is the date and I can't wait lolz.

so remember we're doing this thing where we do a question of the chapter thingy and you guys have to answer it lol and whoever answers gets a line from our next chapter. (We'll private message you it.)

Question of the chapter:

What do you think's gonna happen during the date?

Hope you like this chapter! See you next Thursday! Much love, ria and jaylyn x