nine

I'm watching the Warriors game :)

-

Charlotte's POV
*several months later*

Its been months since my parents left me and its been 8 weeks since Calum last visited me. But, today's the day a new family's going to adopt me, another thing is that Camila was getting adopted too. We were both so excited that we couldn't eat or sleep last night.

Camila and I finished packing up last night because we didn't have anything else to do.  I stood up and started making my bed. I hope my new family doesn't treat me like shit, like what my real parents treated me. I made my way to the shower, getting ready for the day.

-

"I'll miss you guys so much!" I smiled, hugging Katelyn and Camila. I made some several friends while staying in here, I had so much fun with them. Katelyn is one of my closest friend, we met by accidentally walking in on her while doing her business in the bathroom.

"Promise to keep in touch?" Katelyn chuckled, a tear rolling down her face. Camila and I both nodded. "Of course." I answered.

"Now hush little child." Camila giggled, "Stop crying! You're going to look ugly." Camila added, rubbing Katelyn's back.

"I'm already ugly." Katelyn laughed, wiping her tears.

"Shut the fuck up." I muttered, rolling my eyes. Katelyn and Camila were both flawless and their bodies were literal goals, while I'm over here still struggling to lose weight.

"Charlotte! Come here!" Alice called, breaking our best friend moment.

"So.. I guess- I guess this is it. Thank you guys so much for everything." I smiled, hugging my 2 best friends.

"I love you guys." I giggled, carrying my suitcase that Alice bought me about a week ago.

"We love you too." Katelyn said, pouting.

I walked out of the room and I saw Alice signing some papers. I walked up to her and she smiled at me.

"They'll be here soon. They told me they were picking you up at 10." Alice smiled, signing another paper.

I looked at the my phone to check the time and it was 9:54 am. I sat on the sofa, turning my phone on. I opened the Pandora application and started playing music.

5 Seconds of Summer

She Looks so Perfect

I decided to skip this song, and an Ed Sheeran song started playing. I started scrolling through my Twitter and Instagram waiting for my new family to come and pick me up.

I've been waiting for my new parents to come and pick me up. It has been more than an hour and my phone's at 27 percent. I took my earphones out and started standing around. I looked over to Alice and she was patting the chair next to her. I stood up and walked over to where she was.

"Charlotte, I'll miss you okay? Remember if you need someone to talk to you, I'm always here for you. It was great having you in here. Be good to your new family, I'm sure they'll love you very much." Alice smiled, her eyes watering. "I'm sorry. I'm just really emotional." She laughed, me being the person I am laughed with her. I hugged her and the door suddenly opened.

"I'm sorry! It was traffic!" A familiar voice said, breaking our goodbye moment.

I let go and started wiping my tears. Alice might've been a bitch sometimes, but she was just being protective over us. I loved Alice to death.

"Its fine." Alice giggled, giving my new mom the papers Alice was just signing earlier. "Just sign here." Alice instructed.

My new mom nodded and started signing the papers.

"Honey, go take Charlotte's suitcase and put it in the car." She told the man that I met last week, who's supposedly my new dad.

"Hey Charlotte, good to see you again." He smiled, I smiled back holding tighter on my suitcase.

"Here, um, let me take care of your suitcase." He told me, putting his hands on my suitcase, but when he started taking the suitcase with him.

"Please don't throw my clothes away." I yelled, pulling my suitcase back.

"What? Why would I do that?" He laughed.

"I- uhm, nevermind." I muttered, shaking my head. I stood there awkwardly and just stared at the floor.

"Let's go?" The girl came up to me. To be honest, I forgot my new parent's names. They told me about a week ago, but I wasn't really listening because I thought they were going to adopt someone else that wasn't me.

"Yeah. Let's go." I smiled, following her to the door. I looked back one more time and I ran up to Alice and hugged her. "I'll miss you." I whispered, hugging her tighter.

"I'll miss you too," Alice replied, letting go of the hug. "Now, go to you new family." She added, smiling.

-

I'm now in my new parent's car, they were listening to an All Time Low album. "I have a question." I chattered.

"Yes, sweetheart?"

"Not to be rude or anything, I mean its really really cool. But, why are you guys listening to an All Time Low album?" I laughed at the end, fiddling with my fingers.

"My son, he was the reason why we were late too, so we're sorry about that. We dropped him off to the airport to go to the United States." She explained.

"Oh." I answered. "I have.. I have another question." I stammered, worrying they'll be mad at me for not remembering their names.

"What is it?"

"What are your names? I kind of forgot them." I explained, ready for the lecture I'm going to get for not remembering their names, but I remembered they weren't my real parents that treated me like shit.

"Its okay, Charlotte. I'm Karen Clifford and this is Daryl Clifford." Karen chuckled.

"I'm sorry about that." I apologized, pressing my lips into a thin line.

"Its fine, Charlotte." Daryl laughed, parking in front of a big house.

"Woah." I breathed in.

"Welcome to your new home."

+

A/N: Here's another update !!