Chapter 3

I woke up in a different room this time. My hands and feet weren't tied this time either. I looked around the room, but no one was in here with me. I started to call out for someone.

"Somebody! I am awake now! Can someone please come here! Anyone, please!" I yelled at the top of my lungs.

A nurse ran in about five minutes later.

"Yes, what is it Kayla." The nurse said.

"Where am I?"

"You are still in the hospital, but we had to move you to a new room."

"What happened last night? I don't, I don't remember?" I said, tears forming in my eyes.

"We don't know yet. You looked at each of the guys in your room. You looked at Marco, he smiled, and you smiled. Then you passed out." The nurse seemed worried. "Have you been to a doctor about this?" She asked, pointing to my leg.

"Yes, I have. I was attacked by a Sharpey when I six. The doctor said it wasn't infected, but to be safe, he gave me antibiotics anyways." I said very explanatory.

"Did the antibiotics work?"

"Yeah. I didn't feel the pain, and when I went back Doctor Andrew said I was good. I didn't have to worry about infection or anything bad."

"We are going to get you tested for dog bite infections just to be sure."

"You mean rabies?" I asked, annoyed.

"Sort of, but not really. I will go get the test room ready."

The room was really cold. I found an interesting looking knife tool. I think they were going to cut open my scar and look at what is behind it: therefore, looking at my blood gushing from my leg because nothing is wrong with it. The numbing stuff they gave me didn't work very well. I felt everything they did. I cried a lot. The pain was unbearable. In the middle of the test, I tried fighting. I went to sleep fast when I punched one of the nurses in the face. He didn't hold back and he knocked me out with one punch.

I woke up with a really bad headache again. I had stitches on my leg. A nurse came in shortly after I woke up and gave me some Tylenol. The nurse then told me the test result.

"We took some blood behind the scar and also a piece of the scar. We used a piece that was directly on top of your blood stream. You test result was negative though. We don't understand what is going on right now, but you have to stay here for a little while now." The nurse said slowly.

"No. I can't stay here, I have to go home. I need to go home for my family. I can't stay." I said, my worst fears coming to my mind.

"I'm sorry, but you'll have to stay."

The nurse left after saying those words and I fell asleep.

When I woke up, Gabe was in the room. He was crying softly. He wouldn't look at me. It seemed like he was avoiding my eyes. He looked at his phone and started crying harder. I looked at him strangely. Finally he looked at me, and I smiled. He looked away really fast and just stared out the window. Finally I had the voice to ask what was wrong.

"Gabe, are you okay?" I asked sadly.

"No, I am not. I am definitely NOT okay." He said sternly.

"Come over here please."

Gabe walked over and got in the bed with me and started crying out loud. I put my arms around him and held him tight.

"They don't know what is happening right now. What am I suppose to do?" Gabe cried.

"What do you mean?" I asked, confused.

"My parents, they got in a car accident this morning, and they, they..." He cried even harder into my shoulder.

"I, I am so sorry. I, I don't know what to say."

"That isn't even the worst part."

"Then what is?" I asked more confused.

At that moment Casey walked in with tears streaming down his face. I was completely confused.

"Your parents died with them. They crashed into my parents car, and they both died." Gabe said.

I stopped holding Gabe and looked at Casey. He just shook his head. Then I saw Uncle. He said the same thing Gabe told me and had the pictures to prove it. I didn't want to believe them, but I had to accept it. My parents are dead.