Chapter 5

When me and Chris got to my house, there were two police cars in front of the house. I walked inside and Casey grabbed my arm and pulled me into the kitchen. I looked at Chris and he was standing in the doorway, frozen with fear. I motioned him to come into the kitchen with me. He came slowly, but he managed to get there.

"What the hell, Kayla! You scared the shit out of all of us! You have been gone for three hours!" Casey yelled.

"I got lost when I was walking to calm myself down. Then I met Chris. I am back now, unharmed. Well, sort of, I kind of got hit in the head with a bat." I looked at Chris.

"Sorry about that. I didn't want, you know, to come back for me." Chris said.

"It's cool. I understand." I said, looking back at Casey.

"I was worried. Gabe got angry at himself and we can't get him out of my room. Uncle passed out because he couldn't breathe when you didn't come home. Marco is in your room not speaking to anyone." Casey said about to cry.

"Casey, I was gone for three hours. It wasn't that long."

"We didn't know if you were coming home. We didn't know what to do. We called the cops. Uncle is awake now, in his room. I have calmed down a little. A lot now that your home. Marco and Gabe aren't doing so well. You need to go talk to them."

"Chris, want to come with me?" I asked, looking at him.

"No. Chris stays down here with me. You go talk to them alone." Casey answered.

"Oh. Okay. Is that okay with you?" I asked Chris.

"Yeah. I'll be fine." Chris said, staring at Casey, terror in his eyes.

"Okay. By the way, Chris, this is my twin, Casey. Casey, this is my new friend, Chris. Please don't fight." I said, walking to the staircase.

When I walked in my room, Marco was crying. He didn't see me walk in so I sat next to him and put my hand on his shoulder. He jumped and stood up. When he saw it was me, he pulled me to my feet and squeezed me. When he finally let me go, I sat on my bed again.

"What's wrong?" He asked me, concerned.

"Nothing. I'm fine." I said, half true.

"I know you better than that. Now tell me what is wrong."

"I don't know what I am going to tell Gabe. Casey told me he won't come out of the room."

"Just go in there and tell him why you left. Why did you leave?"

"I left because I needed fresh air. I needed to think over some things."

"Oh. You better go talk to him, Kayla. He won't open the door, but maybe he will if he knows it's you."

"No. I will go through the secret entrance me and Casey always used when we played hide and seek with Mom and Dad."

"Cheater." Marco laughed.

I smiled. I went to my closet and opened a door behind all my clothes. I crawled inside and made my way to Casey's room. I opened his closet and door and scared the crap out of Gabe.

"It's okay. I'm home. I'm okay." I said fastly.

Gabe didn't say a word. He ran at me and we fell to the floor. He kissed me. I kissed him back and we layed there for awhile. When he stopped kissing me, he stood up and helped me to my feet.

"I was scared. This was all my fault. I am so sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you. I didn't know if you were coming home. I knew that if you didn't come home, Casey would only have Austin and it would be all my fault." Gabe was crying.