Chapter 8

"Babe, why are you on the floor?" Chris asked when we woke up.

"I don't know. I guess I got hot last night." I replied.

"Why do you keep saying you guess? I feel like you're trying to keep a secret from me. You know you can tell me, right?"

"I know. I just don't know why I got on the floor. I just did. So I made an excuse and said I was hot. I honestly don't know why I ended up in the floor."
"Okay. I believe you."

I got dressed and brushed my hair. Chris picked me up and carried me downstairs and set me down in the kitchen.

"What do you want for breakfast?" Chris asked.

"I don't know. Something good." I replied laughing.

"How about eggs, bacon, and toast?"

"Sounds good."

"Okay."

"I'm going to help though. You're not doing it by yourself."

"Really?" He said, complaining.

"Yes. We have to make some for the others too."

"Fine."

"I will do the bacon and toast, you do the eggs, okay?"

"Yeah. I guess."

"Hey."

Chris and I laughed while making breakfast. We didn't want to wake anyone since it was Saturday, so we ate together on the couch. Everyone was still asleep, so we put breakfast in the oven to keep it warm, wrote a note that it was there and that Chris and I were going to the mall, put it on the counter, grabbed Uncle's keys, and left.

We spent a lot of money, mainly for me. I got a new, really expensive dress for my first real, official date with Chris. We got him a nice pair of jeans and a nice shirt. He doesn't look good in a tux. I laughed when he came out to show me. We had only been gone for two hours. When we got home, Marco, Gabe, Casey, and Uncle were at the table eating the food Chris and I made. As soon as we shut the door, they glared at us.

"Well good morning to you too." I said, bringing the stuff up to my room.

"You left."

"Yes, we did." Chris replied.

I came back from putting the stuff in my room.

"Are you mad Uncle?" I asked, worried.

"No, but your brother was." Uncle replied.

"Well, Casey can get over it." I said, smiling.

"Hey..." Casey started.

"Don't start with me. We know who will end this. Now, eat your breakfast."

"This is really good by the way. Thank you guys." Gabe said politely.

"You're welcome." I say. "At least someone is thankful."

The others said thank you after I said that. I then asked Uncle if I could go on a date with Chris tonight. Uncle said yes as long as we were back by midnight. We didn't do anything the rest of the day but play video games. We played Black Ops. I beat them all. We played zombies and I had a way bigger score than all of them. That night was the best night of my life. It went something like this.

"Babe, are you ready to go yet?" Chris yelled from the bottom of the stairs.

"One second. I'm almost done." I yelled from the upstairs bathroom.

I needed to finish putting on my make up and fixing my hair. When I was done, I walked downstairs and it was like I was a princess or something. Uncle had a camera and Casey, Marco, Gabe, and Chris all stared at me, smiling. When I made it all the way down the stairs, the guys looked at my shoes. I wasn't going to wear high heels so I wore my blue Converse.