Part 4: What We Came Here For

Ian woke up the next day with a bright smile. His smile grew wider when he saw the daylight view outside his window. The ocean looks beautiful and inviting. Water adventures came flooding in his mind and he excitedly jumped out of his bed to take a bath. It only took a few minutes before he fixed himself. He wore a white board short and a light blue short sleeves polo. He also wore his sunglass and a cowboy hat.

After making sure he is ready, he took his camera and headed for the restaurant.

-----

Shin woke up to the ray of the sun from her window. She immediately smiled when she saw the view outside. She decided to go out early to eat breakfast and take a walk around the hotel. She took a bath first then fixed herself. She wore a simple light blue and white sleeveless dress with a hat and sunglass. She went out of her room with her camera after making sure everything is ready.

She was walking in the hallway to the elevator when someone bumped into her. She didn't saw it coming because she was busy putting her room key inside her bag that she didn't saw someone coming when she turned to the corner where the elevators are.

"Hey!"

"Ouch!" She cried when they crashed and she lost her balance.

Shin nearly fell on the floor if not for arms that quickly caught her. She slowly opened her eyes and...

"You?!"

-----

Ian was already waiting for the elevator when he noticed that something is missing in his pocket. He forgot his wallet in his room so he quickly turned back to get it. He didn't expect to bump into someone when he turned to the corner.

"Hey!" He said as he saw the lady and quickly caught her before she fell down.

"Are you okay?" He asked her immediately.

"You?!" The lady said when she looked at him.

"Shin!" He said excitedly when he recognized her.

"Ian? What are you doing here?" She asked in disbelief.

"I'm staying here. And I guess you are too." He answered with a wide smile.

Shin chuckled and recovered from the shock. She noticed their position. Ian is still holding her in his arms while she is still holding onto his shoulder. They are very close to each other and it made her feel awkward.

"Uhm, I think I should stand now." She said with an awkward smile.

"Huh? Oh, yeah." Ian helped her up. "Sorry about that. I was in a hurry and I really didn't see you coming." He said with an apologetic smile.

"Me too. I wasn't actually looking too. Sorry." She said.

Ian smiled. "We are both sorry and we are both okay. That's all that matters."

"Right!" Shin agreed and laughed.

"Are you going down for breakfast?" Ian asked.

Shin nodded. "Yeah. You?"

"Me too. But I left my wallet in my room that's why I'm going back when I bumped into you. How about we go down together and eat our breakfast together and it will be my treat? I'm actually alone and I don't mind keeping you company." Ian proposed.

"I like the sound of that because I am alone too and I am not familiar with this place. But you don't have to treat me to breakfast. I was actually the one who told you that we will talk over a meal the next time we meet. It should be the other way around."

"We'll talk more of that later. Just wait for me here while I go get my wallet. I'll be quick, I promise."

"Sure, take your time. Don't go bumping into other people again!"

Ian quickly run to his room and took his wallet that he left on his bedside table. He made his way back and went down to the resto with Shin.

Shin and Ian grabbed their plates first and filled it with food before settling down to a table in a corner.

"I can't believe I'd be seeing you again this fast. Out of all the hotels here in Jeju, we are actually staying in the same hotel on the same floor. How cool is that?" Ian exclaimed as they eat.

"A big coincidence I would say. But it's nice. I mean, at least we are not alone."

"Yes." Ian agreed. "So, what are your plans today?

"Actually, wala pa. I'd like to tour around the area first and then hire a tour guide later for me to go around the island."

"You are alone. I am alone. How about we tour the island together? I mean, that would be more fun than going around alone. It's just a proposal. It's okay if you won't accept it."

Shin thought for a minute. She stared at Ian making him uneasy. She was contemplating if she will accept it or refuse it. The idea is not bad after all. Ian has a point.

"Okay." She said after a minute. "Let's do that. The more the merrier. And you seem harmless to me." She said and smiled.

Ian laughed. "Don't worry, accepting my proposal comes with an insurance that you will be safe with me. And I already hired a tour guide."

"Okay? But we will share the bills. All the expenses for the tour."

"What ever your conditions are as long as we'll enjoy the tour."

"Deal." Shin nodded.

Ian nodded in return and smiled widely.

"Do you like bears?"