Part 10: Moments

"Okay, I'll tell you who I really am." Ian took a deep breath. "I am Christian Bautista. I am a singer. I've been in the entertainment industry for about 9 years now. I'm quite famous even abroad. I was tagged as Asia's Romantic Balladeer. I even have a career in Indonesia. I was actually wondering if you didn't know me or recognized me the first time we met, like you are pretending not to know me." He confessed.

They decided to tell everything about themselves to each other and Ian took the first turn.

Shin sighed. "I know you, alright. I recognized you at the airport."

Ian sighed. "And I know you too. I know who you are. Just like me, I know you have a reason why you don't want people to recognize you. Might as well tell me now, Shin."

Shin stared at him for a moment. "Okay. I am Rachelle Ann Go. I am a theater actress in London. I started theater back in the Philippines and auditioned for international production and I got a role. I was out of the country since then. People who've seen the productions I played in would surely recognize me. Thanks for pretending not to know me when we met. I thought I succeeded in hiding."

"You did. I was busted too but thanks anyway, it was more fun with you."

"So, you think he will tell everyone where you are?" Shin asked dropping the topic.

"I don't know. I don't really care if he does. What I am worried about is you. He knows you. He knew who you are. "

"I'll be honest, I don't really wanna be found for a while until after this vacation." Shin confessed.

"I know, I kinda figured. And I understand because I want the same too. I actually runaway." Ian admitted with a shy smile.

"Runaway? An established man like you running away?" Shin said not believing Ian.

"I had to. I need sometime alone. How about you, why are you hiding from the world who loves you so much?" Ian said adding some humor.

Shin chuckled. "Too much love will kill you. I had to breathe too, from work and... life." She stared into nothingness.

Ian noticed the sadness in Shin's voice. "Was it hard?"

Shin glanced at Ian."Work? No, I love it. I look forward to everything about my work."

"No. Life, your life."

Shin stared at Ian.

"There, sadness. I can see it in your eyes." Ian said softly.

Shin avoided Ian's gaze. "Some things just don't work out the way we want it to, but it's not hard. Certain things are just complicated."

"I wish I can help you whatever it is. But hey, I'm here. I am your friend, and you can always count on me. I'll listen if you need someone to talk to." Ian assured Shin and held her hand.

Shin stared at their hands. "I actually want to tell you. You might give me a good advice but I'm not sure if I can trust you that much."

"I understand. We just met yesterday but for me it feels like I've known you for a long time. Just know that I am here for you."

Shin just smiled at Ian.

Ian couldn't sleep that night. He was just lying on his bed still wide away. He couldn't help but smile remembering a certain memory from the past... of Shin. The memory of the first time he saw her.

He knew her. He knew who she was even before he saw at the airport. He knew her long before they actually met. But it is something he didn't tell Shin.

He sheepishly smiled to himself and let the memory drown him.

IAN'S POV

Flashback...

I can't forget the day when I first saw her. It was like everything around me stopped and slowly faded. She was all I see. She was like walking slowly with the sweetest smile I ever saw in my life. How she gracefully greeted everyone who approached her. It was like a dream and I couldn't take my eyes off of her.

"Ian, you're up in 10mins."

I couldn't hear anyone. My ears are searching for her voice among the crowd. It may sound crazy but it's true.

"Ian."

I want to hear her laughter.

"Ian!"

I want to hear her say a word.

"Christian!" Someone shook my arm.

I turned to my side and saw Mark with a questioning look. I shook my head.

"You were saying something?" I asked him.

"Kanina pa. Kanina pa kita tinatawag pero you were in a trance." He said.

I sighed and look at the crowd.

"Rachelle." He said out of nowhere.

I turned to him confusedly. "Huh?"

"Rachelle is her name, Rachelle Ann Go. But her friends call her Shin." He told me.

"Who?" I asked still confused but I already have a hunch.

"The girl you were looking at. She seems to have caught your attention, though I wasn't surprise because she really look stunning tonight." Mark said a matter of fact.

Oh, he noticed. But wait, "How did you know her?"

"Some friend who knows a friend, who knows a friend, who is a friend of her, who introduced her to me. Now, you have to go and stand by you are up in less than 10mins. Kanina pa kita tinatawag. Go impress her with your song, Bautista." He said while patting my back and pushed me to the backstage with a smirk.

I just shook my head and headed to the backstage.

That was the first time I saw her, about eight years ago. It was an event in celebration of the Philippine Stagers Association's 10th anniversary. (Just a made up group) The night where it all started... where everything started.

My change of heart...

My crazy dreams...

The dreams I left behind...

The dreams I want to chase now...

What I really wanted to do...

But I had to set them aside and do what I do now.

End of flashback