Part 8: Dear To No One

Ian went by the counter earlier than Shin. He waited for her but 15mins already passed and she's still not coming so he decided to look for her.

He couldn't find Shin on the other side of the shop so he decided to look for her on the other side, the same side he went to look for the bear. He saw a tall guy on one side who seems to be talking to someone so he decided to go there. And there he saw the guy approaching Shin. She saw the panic in Shin's face and he felt like running to her.

"What is your name?"

He heard the guy asked Shin and he didn't like how the guy sounded.

"Shin. Her name is Shin." He said while looking at Shin and he saw her turn to him. "And she is my wife." He added.

The guy stopped and turned to him.

Ian walked to Shin and placed his arms around her shoulder while looking at the guy. "You have any business with my wife?" He asked. He felt how Shin relaxed as he pulled her closer to him.

The guy seemed to have woken up and shook his head eagerly. "Nothing. Just asking. Bye!" He said and walked away.

Shin and Ian watched the guy walk away.

"Huuhhh..." Shin breathed out while holding her chest when the guy was already out of sight.

Ian turned to face her. "Are you okay? Did he do anything to you?" He asked worriedly while looking at her intently.

"I'm fine." Shin met his eyes. "Thank you for coming. He just freaked me out."

"You freaked me out too! I thought something happened to you and then I found you with that guy who looks like he was about to attack you." Ian said slightly raising his voice.

"I'm sorry..." Shin said and looked down.

Ian looked at Shin then sighed. He closed their gap and hugged her. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have let you walk alone. It's my fault, not yours."

Shin rested her head in Ian's chest. All her worries went away when Ian hugged her. He felt safe in his arms. "Still I'm sorry. You had to worry about me."

Ian pulled out and lifted Shin's eyes so she would look into his eyes. "Hey, listen to me. I told you I will take care of you. I told you when you agreed to come to me that I will keep you safe. You don't have to be sorry, it should be me because I failed on our first trip. I'm really sorry."

Shin shook her head then smiled a little. "I promise it won't happen again." She said.

Ian shook his head. " No, I promise it won't happen again. I won't let you go on your own from now on. I will keep you by my side, always."

Shin nodded and smiled completely.

Ian smiled too and held Shin's hand and pulled her to the counter. "Let's go."

Shin let Ian pull her and followed him while looking at their hands.

"I got your bear." Ian showed Shin the bear he picked for her. It was big, the size of a four year old kid. The bear was white and dressed in light blue dress just like how Shin is dressed right now. He immediately remembered Shin when he saw the bear that's why he picked it. He left it on the counter when he looked for Shin.

Shin seemed to like it when she stared at it and hugged it. "This is perfect! You found my bear." She said with a big smile. "And here's yours." Handed Ian the bear.

The bear Shin picked is also white. It actually looks like the one Ian picked but it is dressed in brown short and light blue polo, and it has clear eyeglasses.

Ian laughed while looking at the bear amazed at how it reminded him of himself.

"I remembered you when I saw it." Shin told him.

He smiled at her. "Of course it did. Wait till you see this." He said while pulling out his clear eyeglasses and wore them. "I've got my own bear." He added and laughed.

Shin laughed in amusement too. "Wow! It really is you."

"Good day, Mam and Sir. I see a lovely couple holding a cute couple bear." The manager greeted them.

"Couple bear?" Shin asked.

"The bears you are holding, they are a pair. I'm glad to see the last pair ended up together. They come in different colors too. We've been selling them individually and the other pairs got sold separately." The manager informed them.

Shin and Ian looked at each other and smiled.

"Let's pay for it." Ian told Shin.

Shin just nodded.

The manager assisted them with their purchase. Ian insisted on paying for the bears and didn't let Shin argue with him. They went to the cafe to rest after paying for the bears.

"I can't believe we picked a couple bear." Shin said while taking a picture of the bears together.

"Things happen for a reason." Ian just shrugged it off. "Do you want me to take your picture with the bears?" He asked her.

Shim turned to him and nodded while smiling. "You will?"

"Yeah. Give me the cam." He said and took Shin's camera.

"I'll take yours after this." Shin said and posed with the bears.

Ian took a few shots and handed the camera to Shin.

"Give me your cam. I'll take your pictures with them." Shin ordered him.

"Okay." Ian handed his cam and posed with the bears.

Shin took his pictures and looked at them. "Hey, you don't have pictures inside the museum." She noticed. "But you got quite a lot of mine."

"I was busy taking yours. I was using your cam and you forgot about me when we were inside." He said with a hint of pagtatampo.

Shin chuckled. "Sorry. Let's just take a lot now. I'll take your pictures."

Ian smiled. "Just kidding. It's okay. I had fun watching you naman."

Shin laughed. "Okay, let's just take pictures with our bears. Together."

Ian straightened his seat. "Sure!"

They took a few pictures with their bears together. They took turns in using each other's camera.

Ian scanned through their pictures. "Who wouldn't say that we are not a couple. We even have couple bears for babies." Ian commented and laughed.

Shin laughed too. "Our babies." She said while looking at the pictures.