Part 5: I Feel Like That

Ian decided to walk with Shin around the hotel even though he already saw it the night before. He was impressed at the daylight view of everything he saw last night.

"I actually went down here last night." Ian said to break the silence.

Shin turned to Ian. "Then you already saw everything here. Why did you come with me pa? I'll be fine alone naman. And we'll be going out for the first tour later."

"It was dark last night. The view was nice but it was still dark. I want to see everything in broad daylight. And I thought you might get bored alone." He said and smiled at Shin.

"Just say that you like being around me, I won't mind." She said and left Ian while laughing.

Ian just scratched his head and smiled to himself while following Shin.

"It's still early. Wala ka bang gustong gawin before we go for the tour? We'll leave at 12nn pa." Ian asked Shin.

"Tagalog finally!" Shin exclaimed and laughed. "You finally spoke to me in tagalog."

Ian just chuckled at her comment. "Na-miss mo ba magtagalog or may kausap in tagalog?"

"Yeah. For 6 years I've been out of the country. Minsan naiisip ko baka nakalimutan ko na yung language. And sometimes when I feel homesick I would talk to my Filipino friends in tagalog and it would ease my sadness."

Ian stared at Shin for a moment and he saw a hint of sadness in her eyes just like how he heard the sadness in her voice.

Shin glanced at Ian when she didn't hear his reply. "Why are you looking at me like that?" She asked when she saw him staring at her.

Ian shook his head and smiled. "Gaano ba kaimportante sayo yung work mo para magtiis na malayo sa mga mahal mo?" He asked suddenly.

Shin stopped on her track and faced Ian. She's contemplating on his question and she is suspecting him of recognizing her real identity.

"Hey, I'm asking because I'm curious. I don't mean to pry on you or anything. You don't have to answer if it is too personal." He said when he saw the change in Shin's expression.

Shin heaved a deep sigh and continued walking. "It's my dream. It's been my dream for as long as I can remember. But one can't have it all without a little sacrifice and for me, that is living alone in a foreign land."

Ian followed Shin while listening to her. "We all make sacrifices, you are right about that. And you are not alone, I assure you. You are not alone, Shin."

Shin smiled at Ian. "But I am used to it now. I am happy wherever I am today. No need to feel bad." She assured him.

Ian smiled.

"You seem to have sacrificed too." Shin commented.

Ian nodded. "I maybe staying in our country but I have sacrificed my time for my job... a lot of time."

It was Shin's turn to be curious. "Are you not happy about it?"

"It was good, it was fun at first. Then you grew tired and sick of it all. That's why I'm here, I wanted to breakaway from my daily routine and breathe for a while. I've been stressed. Actually, I was burned." He said with a smile.

Shin patted his shoulder. "Someone told me before to let go of anything that doesn't make me happy. I think I can tell you that now. If your job doesn't make you happy anymore, maybe it's about time to think of what will truly make you happy."

Ian stared at Shin and weighed her words. "I think I know what you mean. I hope this vacation will help me find the answer to that question."

They smiled at each other and headed to the beach.

-----

Shin and Ian started taking pictures with their camera when they reached the beach area. They captured every angle of the place and smiled at every shot they took.

Shin was busy with her camera when Ian glanced at her. He can't deny that Shin is a beauty. She already caught his attention the moment she entered the cafe at the airport. Looking at her now amazes him of how she can do something so simple and make him admire her more. He likes seeing Shin with her bright smile that he feels like he can watch her like that all day. He just shook his head and continued capturing the views which eventually ended up with Shin's stolen shots. He admired her candid shots especially her smile that started to melt his heart the longer he stares at it.

Ian decided to just sit in one of the shaded beach chairs and watch Shin as she continuously enjoyed capturing everything around her with her camera. He would chuckle from time to time when he finds her action cute.

Shin sat on the chair next to him.
"Got everything on cam?" He asked.

Shin smiled and nodded. "Yeah. How about you? Did you enjoy watching me?" She turned to him with a playful smile.

Ian laughed. "Okay, you were cute. You're like a kid out there enjoying everything around you. I couldn't help buy watch you." He admitted and smiled shyly.

It was Shin's turn to laugh. "I bet you took stolen shots of me."

Ian just laughed with her.

Shin suddenly stopped laughing and turned to him with a serious face. "I don't mind you taking stolen shots of me. But you should be careful, I might have stolen your heart while you are busy with my stolen pictures." She said while looking at him intently then smiled playfully and winked at him. She left him there caught in confusion.

"Meet me at the resto at 11 for lunch. Let's eat first before we leave." She told him before walking away.

It took him a few minutes before he recovered from what Shin had told him.

"What just happened???"