The Scorch Trials Review

This is going to be long so be warned. I'm trying to keep this as close to spoiler free as possible so here I go:

Okay, this movie was a great movie in general, but a horrible movie based off a book. It had maybe two parts from the book. I was so disappointed.

But, I'll start off with the (few) positive things first. The special effects were great! The Cranks looked real and extra creepy. This movie would have been one of my favorites if I hadn't read the book. I liked how most of the characters had their personalities like in the book. Minho had his sassiness, Thomas had his leaderness, Frypan had his goofiness and partial sassiness like Minho, and so on.

Now I'm going to rant on the lack of Thomesa and Teresa. In the book, Thomas and Teresa kiss which was one of my favorite parts. In the movie, Thomas never kisses her. At the Crank party, he kisses Brenda. That never happened in the book! Yes, there was the "you're not her" quote, but he kissed her which I did not like. And Teresa. Well, she is like my favorite character out of all the characters in basically every book or book series. In the movie, she is portrayed as an evil character. Whereas in the book, she was FORCED to betray Thomas. I get that some changes were necessary, but this was a BIG part in the book!

Next is the book. In the movie, Thomas and like six other Gladers ESCAPE from Ratman (which they didn't call him at all) yet in the book, they're forced to leave. Of course, the difference in between Teresa's forced betrayal and her evil betrayal in the movie. At the end of the movie there is another mistake, but I'm not going to spoil. And something with Brenda too but again: I'LL TRY NOT TO SPOIL. Jorge and Brenda got out of character in a couple spots, like Brenda being too nice or Jorge being too "fun". Lastly, the extra character death. I won't say who it was but that was obviously a change too. There were many other differences between the movie and the book, but these were the ones that stood out to me the most.

I think that's everything with out spoiling. Sorry it's so long but yeah. I would definitely buy this movie on DVD though. It wasn't JUST like the book (not close at all really) but was a good movie IN GENERAL. Unlike Insurgent, this movie wouldn't have seemed so much better to me if I hadn't read the book.

~

I saw tst yesterday and this is what I thought. I expected it to be so much better and what I originally thought about it wasn't that good either!

You all know that Thomesa is my otp based on me writing this book, and TST had literally none of it. No kiss, no anything. I was so frikin mad I wanted to murder Wes Ball right when I got out of the theater.

So yeah, that's my opinion. TST wasn't as bad as the Percy Jackson movies (it was still pretty close) and not as bad as Insurgent either (also pretty close). But I would still buy it on DVD because I'm too much of a fan not to.

~

Also, THANKS FOR 5K!! OMG I DIDNT EXPECT ANYONE TO READ THIS BOOK!!

I love you all so much,

Anna 💞