9

Sighing, Jesse got out of bed the next day for work. Showering and throwing on his suit seemed like a painful process lately. After putting on his clothes and finishing getting ready, he kissed Beca's forehead, careful not to wake her and left.

His day consisted of the same thing, something that used to be fun bit was now just something to occupy him from the pain. Busy with work, being busy period kept him from thinking of what could've been.

Getting home that night, he didnt expect to see his parents or his brothers. But they were there. And he wondered why. Jesse looked around for Beca yet he couldn't find her. Where the hell was she?

"Jesse. " that came from his mother. "We're worried about you, my boy. We're really worried."

"But why" Jesse responded. "Im fine mum....it's beca we have to be worried about, remember?" It was always Beca who had to be watched out for. Always Beca they needed to tend to, be cautious with. It was always Beca, it couldn't be him. Not at all.

"Jesse... " His father went on. "Becas noticed changes in you.....bad ones at that... the ones that happened in 'the time.' "

No referred to it as anything else except "the time." It was just something that had stuck, as a title. Not a bad one, at least not as bad at the way Jesse thought of getting out of "the time."

~flashback~

16 year old Jesse Swanson sat on the roof of a building next door of the motel. Sighing, he loomed down and wondered what it'd be like to fly, to feel free, at peace again.

Flying was peaceful, feeling no pain at all was peaceful too. Kicking his feet, he thought about his family, what'd they do if he jumped. "They'd be better off without me" Jesse thought. "One less child, less money to spend."

Deciding on his final choice, Jesse grabbed his notebook from beside him and wrote what he thought would he his final goodbye. Sliding down the building, he left it at his motel door- what used to be his motel door- and walked back, climbed up to the roof again, and sung a little.

Just under his breath, as he started singing, Jesse took a step forward, then another, an another.

Each step taking him closer to his release. Soon, Jesse wasn't walking anymore, he was falling. Falling freely, peacefully. But Jesse never felt his impact.

~flashback over~